why my little boy has been so cross! Both of his ears are infected :(
Today has been one of those days that I barely caught a breath! I woke up in the wee morning hours and was unable to go back to sleep. I was so mad because I knew I would be worn out, but no matter what I tried, sleep evaded me! Finally, I dozed back off, and Matthew chose this day to not wake me up every 5 minutes...so, I overslept! Matthew had KAP this morning, so I had to rush and get us all ready, (thank goodness my hair has grown long enough for a pony tail!) and head out the door! I dropped him off, only 10 minutes late) and went about getting a few school supplies. I came back to pick him up, and they told me they thought he had an ear ache. (Remember me posting on here a couple of times that I feared the same thing?) I called our pediatrician's office and it was of course lunch time! I got him a 2:45 appointment, so we went to Sonic and grabbed his "gill cheese" that is his Monday/Wednesday ritual, and then went to Mamaw's to stay until appointment time.
My little man was ill! I came away from the waiting room with a few battle wounds. He was a precious little angel during the exam, but then when we got to my mom's house, he turned on me like a rabid animal :o) He was slapping himself so hard, but when I would attempt to stop him, he would pinch and scratch so hard. He hasn't had an episode like that for a long time! He is fast asleep now, so hopefully with his antibiotic, he will be feeling better in a few days. I know that his behavior is from his ears hurting and him not knowing what to do about it, but it hurts me, figuratively and literally, to see him like that.
He goes back to the doctor in less than two weeks for his 6th grade physical...yes, I said that with a frown on my face :( I mean, 6th grade...really?! In only 3 short weeks, my oldest will be a sixth grader...and my baby a second grader!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

3 comments:
Sorry Matthew:( I hope he feels better soon. I'm sure those earaches (especially both ears) are no fun at all. I think we are going to try to get some school stuff this afternoon. The boys have swim lessons so we're going to school shop, grocery shop, and swim. Am I crazy or what?
Bless that baby's heart! I hope he is feeling better soon!
Bless both of your hearts...refer to Brooke's earlier blog about her special quite spot, I am sure you need it....
Post a Comment