
Well, I got all energetic Monday while I was at Target and invested in Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It was on sale and I've seen this
Well, by the time the 20 minute circuit was over, (and I didn't even do all the exercises!) I thought I was gonna croak! I had muscles burnin' all over the place, and I'm pretty sure some of them boogers had been laid off for a LONG time! I'd forgotten they existed. Not only was there sweat shed, but I'm pretty sure there were a few tears there too...I just haven't figured out the cause...was it the pain, or the fact that I have gained so much weight I've resorted to a workout video, or perhaps the true reason, I had spent 13.00 on a dvd and over 6.00 on hand weights that I may never use again??? I tried to stand up a few minutes later and my legs felt like two limp noodles! I thought I'd fall flat on my face. Needless to say, it took the better part of the day for the feeling to come back. But, I knew the worst was yet to be...
When I set the first foot on the floor this morning....OH, the pulling of the muscles! I'm pretty sure I shredded something alright...every muscle in my being! My sister-in-law said I should have gotten the beginner's version...I DID!! There are 3 levels of intensity and I only did the first one! You mean there are people crazy enough out there to attempt the other two levels???? (And while I'm at it, why do they choose such skinny model excercists to be on those videos?? Give us big girls some encouragement and work with someone of a more hefty girth would ya!!!) Since I left early this morning to take Matthew to KAP, I didn't suffer myself the agony of the workout today. It depends on my courage level as to whether I press the play button tomorrow!!!
Oh, by the way, the video may never be turned on again, but at least the hand weights are being used. Jacob does bicep curls with them all the time and then runs to me to feel his "bigger" muscles :o)
(And would you know, after all that, I had gained a pound this morning?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)
8 comments:
Oh my word....thanks for saving me 13. bucks. I see the visual, because I would be just like you. Think I need to go back to hotty pants Richard Simmons. At least he will cry with me...I love you Nat
You sure know how to tell a story:) You know it's probably working if you can feel that much pain. My famous quote from the Waterboy "You can do it!!"
You are cracking me up!! I loved this post..........so true to life!! You are a beautiful person inside and out no matter what you weigh or how much you THINK you need to loose. Don't be so hard on yourself! You can do this girl!
I've got the same video:) and I was laughing the whole time I was reading this. You are tooooo funny!
You probably gained a pound a muscle!
I am sorry to laugh at your pain but that was a hilarious post! Mostly, because I can relate to everything you said. One of my friends talked me into a session of hot yoga... OH DEAR!! I thought I would die that day.
I agree the one pound is probably muscle!
I just laughed SOOOO hard! Natalie, sorry to laugh at your expense, but this is a great story! I think I had tears in my eyes.
P.S. At least Jacob will get great use out of your hand weights & become a tiny muscle man.
Well, I first of all, I'm glad you all laughed...I did too!! Secondly, explain this one...I kill myself with Jillian and the next day I gain a pound...I eat a huge ice cream cone and the next day I've lost back down to the exact weight to where my ticker last was!!!!!! Ya reckon I should stick Jillian back in the case and head to DQ more often?!?!?!?!??!?!? ;o)
Post a Comment