With this being the last week before school starts back, I want to make it as fun for the boys as possible! Yesterday, we had to run to Bowling Green which took a chunk out of our day. I had originally planned on taking the boys to the park afterward, but when I stepped outside, the heat and humidity nearly took my breath away, so I knew Matthew (and I) would be miserable out in the sunny park! So...I'm glad I hadn't said anything to the boys about it. I did tell Jacob that I thought after we did our errands in BG that we might do something fun. Ya know what he said to me? "Yeah, well it'll probably be lame to me." What?!?! Thank you Carly and Sam for corrupting my angel :p It wasn't much later when he said his buddy Barney Minter texted him and said that his dad was eating snake and another one of his buddy's dads was wrestling alligators...uumm, guess I pale in comparison!! (Today he was showing me how to work a toy and said, "watch and learn sister!") I never know what he's gonna say!! Ashlee wanted to ride along with us, so we picked her up on the way. Now, remember me telling you about having to take a urine sample back to the doctor's office? Well, when Matthew finally decided to go, about 5 drops wound up in the bag. Hum. What to do? I called the lab and they said to squeeze what I could out of the foam that surrounds the top of the bag and that should be good enough. Well, I squeezed out about 5 more drops. It looked so insignificant in the bottle...I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have measured 1/16 of an inch on a ruler from the bottom of the cup. Oh well, I had to go on because if it wasn't enough, I would have to get another bag and bottle. I had my fingers crossed as I looked pitifully at the lab clerk and I just told her flat out that I thought she'd have to give me another bottle and bag. She checked in the back with the labbies and lo and behold it was enough! SO, we finally got all parts of Matthew's physical completed! YAY!! We stopped by for a treat at Sonic and spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with my family at my Mamaw's house. (Mom asked if she picked up KFC if we would stay for supper...is that woman crazy?! DUH!!)
So today...It looked rather like it could poor the rain at any time this morning, so I decided we would do something fun inside. I put up the boys' play tent in the living room and attached the tunnel to the side. They have had a blast in it all day!! They will get in for a while and watch tv and then they'll get out to do something else. Jacob informed me that I was too big to get in and in an attempt to prove him wrong, I decided I'd hoss myself through the tunnel...didn't work! My hind-end got stuck midway through and Jacob had to get out and pull on the tunnel while I inched myself forward. I was half in the tent and half in the tunnel when Matthew thought it would be fun to barrel in the side door and flop on my back! There I was with my butt stuck in a tunnel and Matthew laying across my back keeping me from moving!! Guess I should have gotten Jillian out of that DVD case again! I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time!! :) (I'm pretty sure Jacob hasn't either!...of course he had to recount it to his Daddy when he came home! I told him he didn't have to tell all he knew...what happened to "what happens in Mammoth Cave, stays in Mammoth Cave"?!) I'm pretty sure the ole back will be a bit sore in the morning. There are already plans to sleep in the tent tonight, but I'm going to try to sneak onto the couch...there just ain't enough room in there!
Jacob and I went to Kyrock tonight for his open house. He was shy as usual towards the adults and I honestly would like to prod him with a cattle poker sometimes! Fortunately there are several kids in his room that he knows and is friends with, so that helped a lot. I asked about the cursive writing, which has been Jacob's fear of going to second grade, and she said they probably wouldn't start until after fall break. That helped lots too! I asked him after we left if he was ready to go back and he said, "I really miss my friends, so yeah, I'm ready." Thank goodness...it makes it so much easier when they are excited about going. Let me apologize right here to my mother for squalling every day when I was in Kindergarten and first grade! I'm thankful that my boys have done much better than I did as a child!!!
Jacob having lunch in his tent.

The tent and the "hiney hugging" tunnel :)

Peek-a-boo

Yes, I know Matthew looks filthy, but what's a camp out/in without mallows?!?!

Awwww...

Matthew is telling me that Goldberg is on his shirt! Priceless :)

Super sillies!! Jacob's acting like a monkey (how appropriate) and Matthew tipping the sippee!

Brothers and Buddies

Sweetheart

I have no idea what the plan is for tomorrow! Of course it all depends if I can move after camping all night :)
6 comments:
This was a wonderful idea!! We have the same tent and I feel sure that the tunnel and I wouldn't get along any better at all! You are so funny and such a good story teller.
About the cursive..........I don't know why it is even taught anymore really. The ONLY time you ever use cursive in real life is to sign your name..........learn that skill and go on, I say!
Glad Jacob has friends in his room! And SO GLAD Matthew is finished up with the physical!!
Hey,I definitely want come to the next camp out!!!hehe.Yall are having way too much fun.Your sweet boys are very lucky to have you for a mom!!
I bet the boys had a blast in the tent today! I'm anxious to see how all of you do during the sleeping portion of the camp out! Your stories are absolutely hilarious...I love all your little details. I can just see Jacob telling Jason every single thing about it! Ha!
Hannah would be extremely jealous if she saw the pictures in this post. She's been wanting a tent all summer since playing in one at Gander Mountain. Right now I'm contemplating whether or not to get her one for her birthday. That sure was a great idea you had!
I'm with Brooke about the cursive writing. It's not taught in most Warren Co. Schools anymore because it's not in the Core Content (what's required by the state dept. that all kids be taught). Some teachers use it for busywork while the anouncements are on, but they aren't graded on it or anything. If Jacob is super nervous about it, there are write on wipe off cursive writing workbooks. Walmart should have them, but if they don't the parent teacher store has some.
I've heard so many people talk about having a fun last week with their kids, like one final hoorah for the summer. Right now I've got a fun Friday planned for us, but can't decide what to do on Thursday.
After looking at the tunnel, I'm not sure if Jillian could fit through it!! I am sure the "tunnel moment" will be told for a long time per Jacob. Good times!
Great idea!! I might have to steal that idea for my boys. Thanks Natalie!! Our tent doesn't have a tunnel but I can see the boys being excited about setting it up and sleeping in their room. Tell Matthew I love his Goldberg shirt. Goldberg was always my favorite:o)
Post a Comment