Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome to Papa Jacob's

Yay! Our computer at home is finally fixed, so now I can blog to my little heart's content again!! My husband is sooo happy :o) Anyway, back to Papa Jacob's...

On Tuesday night, we decided to make mini pizzas. This is something I learned how to make in 7th grade home economics, and on occasion, I make them for my family. They are about the simplest things ever to make, and it makes for some fun family time! All you need are canned biscuits (nothing fancy like those layer biscuits), pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and any other toppings you prefer. I set out all the toppings, and Jason, Jacob and I, each made our own pizzas just the way we like them. For those of you who haven't been around Jacob a lot, he can be the funnest little guy ever. He has an imagination that stretches forever!! Jason and I were in stitches listening to him ramble on while concocting our delicacies. Jacob decided that we would pretend to be a pizza restaurant, and said we needed a name. He first wanted to be Papa John's, but we told him there already was one, and he decided on Papa Jacob's! He, of course, was the boss, and took his role very seriously. At one point we had way too many people standing in line (in our living room) and he ordered Jason to go upstairs and get 16 more tables, "because there are people waiting in line to eat, and we have no place to put them!" We also found out that his buddy, Nick (imaginary), is a pro at making pizza dough and he can toss it in the air with one hand because Papa John taught him how. We also learned that Nick is not American...he is Mexico-an. Yep, that's exactly how he said it, and I thought I would bust...he was so serious! We had a really fun night and I naturally had to take some pictures to post...Jason LOVED that too! Did I mention how happy he was that I'm back on the computer?! Here's some photos for your viewing pleasure...

"Papa Jacob's is the number 1 place around!"
Here's Jacob's finished pizzas...can you tell he likes olives?...Yuck!
Samplin' the goods! (Check out those ears all folded down by that hat!) He also said every chef wears some kind of hat and this was the best he could come up with!
Here's a view of some of Jason's and my pizzas...I like ham and pepperoni and he took his a step up with mushrooms and olives...Yuck!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

We made those in home ec. too, but I had forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me! They're the perfect size for Hannah!

Papa Jacob looked quite proud of his pizza and that hat picture is just adorable.

Have fun staying at home today! I just got finished putting on my makeup here at work and of course have dirty hair:) I sense the makings for a wonderful day!

Nan said...

Well, I would enjoy it if I were able to stay home. Finally about 9:15 I decided our power wasn't coming on in just the next few minutes like I had thought for the past two hours. It had blinked on about 6:45 and came and went a few times until it went for good! I kept the boys wrapped up tight on the couch until I checked the theromstat and it said it was 50 in the house. We high-tailed it to mom's and are thawing out :o) I was really hoping to not have to get out in these sub-freezing temps, but oh well, at least we didn't have to get ready for school in the cold and dark!

Anonymous said...

You and Heather have made me want to make homemade pizza tonight! :o) They look yummy and super easy. Jacob is so funny. He is quite animated at lunch time too. ha ha

Our electric was off for about an hour this morning. Go stay warm! I would have wimped out hours ago if I were you.

Staffanne said...

We make those mini pizza's at the Cassady house too. You are right, learned that from Mrs. Vincent's home ec. class, and have always loved them. Love you little Papa Jacob. He is going to have to get a call in line so I can place a to go order..