Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My New Music

Since I've already changed my background for Valentine's Day, I figured I might as well add a few "love songs" to go along with it! I chose four songs that are special for Jason and myself, so I thought I'd share why.

The first song, Please Forgive Me, by Brian Adams, was/is "our song". We just really liked the song way back when, (yes, it's been over 15 years since we started dating) and we just deemed it "our song". Funny, I hadn't listened to it in years, but it is so much more true now than it was then. =) Yes, I can be a sap when I want to be!

Keeper of the Stars was actually sung at our wedding by our friend Tim Cash. (No relation to Johnny that I know of, but he sings beautifully!) This was a given to be included here!

Jason actually sang, Don't Take the Girl, at our high school talent show and dedicated it to me. I can still remember feeling the heat of my face blush as he said that prior to singing, and I'm sure everyone thought it was just puppy love, but hey, here we are 15 years later!

Here's the reason Check Yes or No is special...Jason and I became friends before I knew he had an interest in me as a "girlfriend". So we talked and saw each other at school. But, when he decided it was time to ask me to be "his girl", he wrote me a note and asked me to check yes or no. (Yes, this song was popular then, that's why he did it!) He gave it to me standing at the wall of the library right outside typing class. I checked yes, and we've been together ever since...except for one breakup that lasted about a day, and caused more stress for our families than anything else. I know my parents remember it, and I'm pretty sure Shela will as well. Crazy kids =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes mam, I sure remember it, glad your breakup was only one day, we all couldn't of stood it!!!

Anonymous said...

How could anyone close to you forget it? I'm like Shela, glad it was only a day, or you would have drove us crazy.

Heather said...

How sweet! Me and Nathan have "a song" too. I remember that man singing at your wedding. He was a good singer. I remember sitting at the lunch room table when you ran up and showed me your engagement ring!

Staffanne said...

Ah, how sweet! You and Jason were always a sweet couple...and still are today.

Jenni said...

Ok, in the 10 years we've known each other I don't think I've heard the story! I'm very curious!

Brooke said...

Isn't it amazing how much of an impact music has on us all? I love listening to the radio and hearing a song that takes me back in time. When gas is not so high, Jeremy and I love to just drive around and listen to the radio....it always makes us laugh and smile!

Tara said...

That is cool Natalie. I am glad it only lasted a day too. Some of those songs are special to me as well. Just wondering....to this day do you still remember what you all broke up for a day for?