I'm pretty sure the alarm went off a little too early this morning, because I sure didn't want to get up when I heard it! Around our house, the alarm sounds at 3:30...yep, you read it right :o) Jason works north of here and that puts him in the eastern time zone, so he loses an hour on his way to work. Ideally, this would be a grand time to get a few little jobs done around the house, and if I'm caught up on my sleep, I usually do. This morning however, I was zonked! I had to stretch out on the couch, reset the alarm in case I did go back to sleep, and of course I did. Even when the alarm went off for the second time I didn't want to get up! I pulled myself up off the couch and got the little guys ready for school, while Matthew growled all the while. (You might think I say "growled" in jest, but as those of you who have worked with Matthew can vouch, when he's not happy, it sounds like he is growling!) Jacob was the complete opposite and ready to go back to school. He has been saying for a while that he wanted to go back and see his teacher and his friends. Matthew would be completely thrilled if he never had to step foot in school again! They did say when I picked him up this afternoon that he had a good day...I'm surprised!
I got absolutely zilch accomplished today! I helped mom with the baby today since mom had a doctor's appointment. There wasn't enough time to go home either before or afterward, so I just stayed at her house and played with little Halle. She is so stinkin' rotten!
Now it's time to fire up some chili and grilled cheese for a nice evening at home with my three most favorite guys of all time! =)
Exciting news: Jacob just told me while he was eating an apple, that his loose tooth (which is his first one, and it's not been 'that' wiggley) is getting a little hurty!! (That's his exact words!) Maybe the tooth fairy will be visiting him before long!! (I just checked, and it's getting LOOSER!)
4 comments:
The Toothfairy's first trip to Jacob's pillow, how exciting!! Trent was on a roll for a while with his teeth and now I think the ones that are left have decided to just stay. It's been a while since he had a loose tooth.
I know what you mean about the alarm sounding yesterday! It was all I could do to get up when mine went off. Yesterday was my first day back at work, and it was so hard. I have been used to getting up around 4:00 for a feeding, but after that having the luxuary of going back to bed. I am off every Friday, so I am looking forward to that day again. Exciting about the tooth fairy!
I don't know about your boys but Emily was exhausted and so was I after our first day back. Yep, Matthew is a little growling bear when he is not happy. ha ha!
Loose teeth - yuck! Pulling teeth is one job that will be reserved for Jeremy or the dentist. I can't stand them. And - being a teacher just imagine how many kids like to show them to me.
But, good for Jacob. That seems to be a rite of passage for my kids here at school - means you're not a baby anymore is what I was told not too long ago.
Post a Comment