Matthew broke his arm this morning!!
I was dressing him in the living room, and he took a step back. There was a small box of toy cars behind him and it threw him off balance and he fell. The cry that he had let me know that he was SERIOUSLY hurt! I just couldn't figure out what was hurting. At first I thought that he had hurt his back due to landing on his bottom so hard. I got him onto the couch very carefully, and he was simply writhing in pain. I try to assess him and looked his body over for any cuts or red spots. He moved some and I noticed his wrist looked very strange. It was way too limp. I about freaked, but held it together for my little guy. I called mom and told her I was on my way and to be watching for me. Matthew was pale as a ghost, and I kept watching him in my rear view. He was looking very close to passing out and I was tried to keep talking to him. At one point, his eyes closed and he fell completely forward. I touched his face with my cold hands, and got him back up. At this point, I decided to not even pull into Kyrock to drop Jacob off and I headed straight for mom's. Once we got in Dad's vehicle, he settled down and wound up going to sleep. We were at the ER for around 3 hours. He has broken his arm about a inch or two above the wrist. They have splinted his arm and he has an appointment to see an orthopaedic doctor in the morning at 9:00. Now for the next big worry...the ice and snow! We have decided to stay at mom and dad's tonight so that we will be closer to BG in case we get just snow. The way will be clearer from there as opposed to driving it from our house. If we get ice...I guess we will have to postpone until we can make it safely down there. Matthew is doing well now, and does not seem to be in pain. They did give him Tylenol with codeine, which I thought was GREAT, but two hours after his first dose, he's as wild as ever!! He also has to have constant supervision because he tries to eat the cotton in his splint :) Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will be able to get him fixed up tomorrow. Keep my little man in your thoughts and prayers♥
11 comments:
Poor Matthew!! I bet it was also hard for Mommy to see her little one in pain. I hope everything goes well!
Natalie, I'm so sorry:( I hate that for him. I'm sure it was a scary morning for you and him. I'm glad he's doing okay now and if you all need ANYTHING just me know. Keep us posted!
Poor Baby! Bless his little heart...I could just kiss his little cheeks off right now. I am praying that he will have a good rest tonight and the weather will cooperate so he can get fixed up tom. Hallie had her tonsils taken out when she was 3 and I believe it was harder on me than it was her.
Poor baby! I've been checking your blog every 30 minutes or so since Shela emailed me. And of course, Jeremy had the computer with him . . . and he wasn't here. I'm glad to hear that Matthew's not in pain. Maybe he'll be so tired from being "wild man" that he'll sleep good tonight.
How did Jacob handle it? Was he scared?
Jacob was scared, but I think it was because he didn't really know what was going on. Matthew has become more drowsy, so I'm thinking he'll be asleep before long. As he was getting on the couch a little bit ago, he put too much pressure on his arm and it hurt so bad, but he is one brave little man and tries so hard not to cry. It's time for more pain meds, so I'm hoping for a good night's sleep for him. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments...I love you all!
Oh Natalie! I am so sorry and I will be thinking about all of you! I think that as mothers we hurt more than our children do in situations where we know they are suffering. You hang in there!
Oh, I just hurt for him! I hope he can rest tonight and that tomorrow is not too tramatic for him or you and Jason. Love you guys! Thinking about you all!
I hated to hear the news about Matthew's arm-Hopefully he gets good rest tonight and is not in any pain, and hopefully you all can make it to the appointment tomorrow! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no ice!
Oh, I wish I could take it away from him. Bless his precious heart. Will be thinking of you guys.
Aww poor Matthew! My little heart breaks for him! You need to take a picture with his splint! I hope he gets to feeling better. Maybe while in BG you can swing by Cracker Barrel. That'll for sure make him feel better! Hopefully your date will be rescheduled.
Hi Natalie, Hope Matthew feels better fast. I'll remember him!!!
Post a Comment