Friday, January 9, 2009

2008 In Review

2008 was a wonderful year for my little family! First of all, we were blessed with good health and were kept safe. The Lord has continued to answer prayers and ultimately that's all that matters. I'm going to hit a few of the highlights of the year, and don't forget to check out the slide show in the post below.

In February, Matthew celebrated his 10th birthday. We threw him a BIG bash and he had lots of well wishers to stop by! (I included several pictures of his party on the show because I didn't start blogging until later and I hadn't got to share them before.) Jason's cousin Tara and her husband welcomed their new little miracle into the world as well!! In March we enjoyed basketball games and snow days and in April we had Easter, t-ball and the Autism Festival at WKU. In May, I celebrated my 30th birthday! It was quite the day and if you haven't read my post from that day, I'd invite you to go back and do so. In June, Jason and I marked our 12th wedding anniversary! We also welcomed Halle Jane into the family as my mamaw's first great-great grandchild. We enjoyed many summer days on the lake with my brother and his family. The boys enjoy the boat sooooo much! (Thanks Uncle Jeromy!!) We also were introduced to the game of cornhole, and spent lots of summer and fall evenings at Mamaw Skaggs' playing with the family! For those of you who haven't tried it, it is tons of fun!! In August, the beginning of school meant big changes for us. Matthew moved schools which had me nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof, but it proved to be a wonderful transition! Jacob has soooo enjoyed his 1st grade year, and is reading soooo well! On August 25, Jacob celebrated his 6th birthday with a party at home. On the 26th, my niece Ashlee turned 15! One more birthday and we'll have to watch the roads! Then on September 1, our niece Hannah turned 2, and what a blessing to be able to celebrate it with her! During this time, we were having tons of fun helping Jeromy in his produce and mum selling adventure. We got to spend lots of time with the family! On October 4, Jason and Jeromy both turned 33! (Old men!) We took our wonderful trip to the Louisville Zoo, and Matthew had his last day at KAP with Miss Tara. Mom and Dad also celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary in October. Let's not forget the AWESOME Halloween costumes for the boys! We had our awesome hayride party at Mamaw's and our cornhole tournament in which my cousin Kyle and I were crowned the Great Cornholios of 2008! November 10th marked 15 years since Jason and I started dating! On December 11th, my Mamaw turned 80 years young, and on the 12th my nephew, Michael, became a teenager! Of course Thanksgiving and Christmas were both great, and our New Year's Eve party was a blast. (I still want to post pictures from that!) I don't want to forget to thank God for the souls he's saved this year! I am just so thankful of a wonderful year, and how when you look back, it's easier to see the good times than the bad! Here's wishing everyone a prosperous 2009!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great little overview of the year! I enjoyed reading this and looking at the fun pictures!!