Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Late New Year's Eve Party Post

I know it's a bit late, but I still wanted to post about our New Year's Eve party. With camera issues and computer problems, I haven't had a chance until now. Every year we gather at Mom and Dad's to play games and EAT on New Year's Eve. We had soooo much food this year....homemade chicken noodle soup, veggie soup, chili, potato soup, mini pizzas (I made those!), 7-layer dip, lots of other dips, and wonderful sweets, just to name a few. We had our sherbet punch as always. We played lots of games and Jeromy brought over their Wii. Jacob had to put on his bowling performance, and everyone was gunning to beat a SIX-year-old!!

Jacob and Rach

The dining room table was for serious discussions only! With that group, yeah right!!

Michael wanted to play dead so I could take a picture of him! He was hilarious that night, and he stayed up till after midnight!

Mamaw enjoys watching all the 'kids' play. She and Grandmama (Martha) are usually the first ones to leave and it's always way before midnight!


Kaylee enjoyed the party and had no problem staying up with the rest of us!


The girls were into a very intense game of Clue.

Sydney and Ashlee were playing Dancing With the Stars.
Ashlee couldn't play for laughing!

Oh, did I mention that several of us wear our pj's every year. Uncle Barry said he didn't get that memo, and we are pretty sure that was on purpose!! I hope he forgets before next year too! :o) Since he's one of my readers, I'm going to be in for it now!! By the way, there are no pictures of Matthew because this was during the time he was sick, and he went to sleep about 7:00. Needless to say, he was up around 2:00 in the morning, so go figure!


For a current update - I am the newest Twilight addict. I can't wait to start the second book, but I have to watch myself. I can't stop reading once I start. I'm excited to see the movie too!
Jacob still has that nasty cough, but I don't think he's contagious. I just hate that he has worked so hard to take his medicine, which is not easy for him, and he still sounds so rough!
Matthew is feeling better, knock on wood! Do you remember when I took him to the doctor for a breaking out on his neck and lower face? He wore that same hoodie Thursday, and I figured out it is not a rash, but the top of the zipper has a little spur on it that was scratching him...good to know for future reference.
Oh, let's not forget Jason, he's still so happy that I have MY computer back, and he's even happier still that I have started this series of books! I get absolutely nothing accomplished when I'm reading!! :o)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Pj parties are the best!! Poor Jacob with his cough. I hope it gets better soon. Love the pics!

Jenni said...

Tiffany is going to be sooo excited to hear that you like Twilight too! I've got it sitting on the counter and am anxious to read it, but right now I'm reading Marley and Me. Then, I've got three books that I HAVE to take back to the library by the 30th so I need to read them soon. I think I'm going to put Twilight on the February reading list, because as soon as I read the first one, I'll have to read the other three. I'm saving my B&N giftcard just for that!

We missed you guys last night!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

So glad to hear from you. I cannot believe Matthew is already 10 years old. He is adorable. I hadn't seen your youngest either. You have such a beautiful family!