Monday, January 19, 2009

Let It Snow!

As I was following Matthew thru the house at 6:30 this morning, trying to catch him so we could lay back down for a little while longer (it IS a NO school day!) I was ever so shocked to look out the windows and see SNOW! I must say, I don't watch the weather anymore since WBKO has been having their big digital conversion, because quite frankly, IT WON"T COME IN! I do go onto their website from time to time, and I saw where you're supposed to rescan your converter boxes today after 9:00 a.m. My weather viewing consists of looking at the 7 day forecast on the site, and I did see that there were a few snow flakes for the next couple of days, but I didn't know it was supposed to be enough to stick! And of all days...school was already out! Oh well, at least we won't have to make that one up in the summer! I didn't realize until I worked as an aide last year, how much the teachers and staff like snow days too. I thought I was the only one! However, my wishing for an hour or two delay was squashed when I found out if school is running on a delay, the aides are still supposed to report on time!!! Uh, HULLO!! Can we say Not very considerate!!!! Therefore delays caused me lots of undue stress because that meant I had to find somewhere for my boys to go since they didn't have to be at school at the same time. I usually took them in with me. After that, I stopped wishing for delays and hoping for full days off!!
Here's a few photos I took from the porch this morning...the things I'll do for a post :o)

This looks like it was taken through glass, but I was actually standing outside. The wind picked up and blew snow off of the porch top, and I guess the flash reflected off of it.


This was taken at the same time, but came out much darker.
I like the way the flakes falling look.

I thought this turned out kinda pretty :o)
Oops, just noticed the date is off by a day!

Matthew was supposed to go back to the doctor this afternoon to have his ears re-checked, but I think I'll cancel...I don't like to drive in the snow unless it's an emergency. It's a wonderful day to stay in our pj's, stay snuggly warm, and enjoy the day! Bet there will be lots of Wii playing from Jacob, eating and movies for Matthew, and I'll enjoy my boys...oh yeah, I'll probably be on the computer too! Think I might even get all Betty Crockerish and make some pancakes...wonder if she ever used a mix from a box?!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Jeremy got me up at 7:30 to show me the snow. It's so pretty! I took pictures too! Even though it's not much, Hannah wil be playing in it later. I'm going to wait to post my pictures until after I take some of her.

Heather said...

The boys can't wait to go play in the snow. Isn't it funny, when you take pictures of snow falling, the snowflakes always look perfectly round? Just one of those weird things I've noticed. It's a great pajama day!!

Anonymous said...

Here I sit in my PJ's drinking hot cocoa and looking over blogs and facebook. :o) You're right about school delays! We are expected to be there at normal time but are told to use our own discretion. I happen to think if it is not safe for busses than it is not safe for me. We just have to make up the hours too since we are contracted. MMMM... pancakes, I made those yesterday... homemade thank you! HA HA