Okay, I can tell from the comments I'm getting on my last post, that some of you are curious as to what happened with the whole one day break up thing. Here's the story, at least what I can remember of it...
To tell you the honest truth, Jason nor I can really remember the reason for the split!! Oh well, that's not the funny part anyway! As you can, or maybe can't, imagine, I was completely heart-broken :( I was all sad and mopey and cried A LOT! I got up the nerve to call Jason, and to my utter horror, his mother answered the phone. I asked to speak to Jason and she told me he wasn't there. Now, to a girl who is going through a break-up, that sounded like evasion to me!! I thought he had told her to tell me that. But it was sweet though, I can remember her saying, "Are you okay?" in such a sweet way. I started crying and said , "No." She told me she was sorry and we hung up. I was miserable!!! Later on, I wanted to call him back, but was too afraid he wouldn't come to the phone if he knew it was me. SO.....I had my dad call!! Yep, how sad is that!! I can only imagine the terror that run through Jason when he heard my dad on the other end of the line. (Yeah, like my dad's a real grizzly bear!) So I got on the phone, stretched the LONG cord that we had put on it so it would reach to my room, (no cordless way back then!) and we made up!!
Jason won't admit it, but Jonathan (his little brother) told me later that Jason was miserable too!! Gotta love those little brothers! Maybe I should ask him; he may even remember what we broke up for =)
6 comments:
I remember the days of long phone cords too! We had one that stretched all the way through the house. More than one person actually fell over our phone cord while I was talking on it!
Thanks for sharing the story. I'm sure you were quite happy to hear that Jason was miserable too!
I can't believe your Dad called. That is so funny. That's such a great way to put fear in him. Have Jason answer the phone and it be "THE DAD". So sweet of your Dad to call though. I'm sure you were breaking his heart with you being so upset. Sorry you guys broke up for a day but I love the story of the making up.
Sheesh.... you're killing me with all this gooshy, mushy love stuff! LOL I'm teasing you, it's nice to hear you talk about your husband like that. I hope he appreciates you too!
Before the popularity of cell phones....how times have changed! I am about to sound old now, but here it goes...Nowadays, when teenagers break up 5 cell phone calls and 800 text messages later, they could be back together. Ok I'm done now!!
Cute story
So sweet, and so typical of Shela to worry about you.
Ahhh, too sweet. I am glad that you all made up!!!
Post a Comment