Tuesday, June 1, 2010

School Awards

Because I am super-proud of both of my boys for all of their hard work during school, and because this is my blog and I choose to use it to brag on my kids, I am sharing these photos of the boys' class awards they received on the last day of school. **Way to go Matthew and Jacob...Momma is SO proud of you both!!**


Matthew received a "Medal of Academic Achievement"!Matthew made all A's for the final term and had all A's & B's for final grades, including a 100 in both PE and Arts & Humanities! :)
Matthew would have NO part of putting that medal around his neck, but I hated not to include his sweet (I mean that literally as he has been eating marshmallows and is wearing a few!) little face in this post of BRAG-ment!
Jacob received class awards for the following...
*Making the A and B Honor Roll for the school year
*Making all A's as final grades
(He had all A's until the third term and he made an 88 and 89. His final grades were awesome, with the lowest being a 93 and the highest was 105!)

*He got a multiplication Math Award and *the Highest Spelling Average Award...105%!!! WHOO-HOO!! Now for a little update on what we've been doing the last few days...

Saturday evening, we took the boys to Cracker Barrel for our annual "End of School" celebratory dinner. For several years we have went to Cracker Barrel on the last day of school as a treat for the boys and the kick-off for our summer break, but since Jacob had a late ballgame on Friday, we opted to go on Saturday instead. (Worked out nicely too, since I ♥ their Saturday Chicken and Rice special!) :)

Sunday morning, we got up early and headed over to Mom and Dad's for a big breakfast with the family for Memorial day. We have done this for the last few years, and when we finish eating, we head up to the cemetery where Papaw Skaggs is buried to put on flowers. We had to hurry back for Sunday school, and then later that afternoon, we went to Logan's graduation party. Logan is my cousin, but we are very close. I am super-proud of her and wish her the best in all she pursues in her future...right now it looks like we might be getting a new nurse in the family!

We spent a very relaxed day at home yesterday. We were so happy that there was a Teen Titans marathon on Boomerang...all day...and that happens to be one of Jacob's favorite shows! Oh joy! We headed up to Mamaw Skaggs' house for a big cookout with the family that evening, and we had the most delicious food!! Let's not forget several games of cornhole and just sitting outside enjoying the nice weather and conversation with the fam.

Today is what I consider our "first" day of actual summer break! Matthew was precious enough to let me sleep until almost 6:00!!! Jacob enjoyed sleeping late, of course, and so far I've done some laundry and housework, but for the most part, we are just enjoying the day at home!! (And fighting with Matthew to keep him out of the kitchen!) We are already making plans for some FUN for the rest of the week and I am excited! Have I mentioned that I LOVE SUMMER?!?!?! :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love summer too!!!! Sometimes those "stay-at-home" days are just as much fun as going and doing something. I seen Logan at the graduation Sat. night. I didn't realize she was graduating until they called her name and I recognized her pretty face. She is a beautiful girl. Congrats to the boys for all the awards! Sounds like you have some smart kiddos.

Staffanne said...

Way to go Vincent Boys! Great accomplishments! I hope you guys have a wonderful summer together!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Good job Jacob and Matthew!! Hope you all have a fantastic summer!