
This post is a tad late, but I still wanted to be sure and include it on my blog. The days have been super long, and I can hardly stay awake at night long enough to type anything that resembles a coherent sentence.
On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day. We went to Sunday School that morning, then home to have lunch. Later, we went down to the cemetery where Jason's dad is buried, and then went over to Mom and Dad's for steak and the fixings followed by some homemade ice cream.
I am thankful for the special dads in my life. My own daddy is just super-special! He would do just about anything for his family, and even though Jacob says he's mean cause he makes that ugly face at him, I know both of my boys love him bunches! I've always thought Matthew looks like dad, and he knows he can rely on Grandpa to share a little of what he's eating! :) As for Jacob, Dad has always made this face that used to just plain ole scare Jacob silly when he was little, and he still likes to spook him from time to time...it kinda spooks me too!! :p
Jason's dad has been gone for over eight years now, but he is still thought of very often. While I will not even try to speak on Jason's behalf of how much he loved his daddy, and he sure did, I can say that he was a wonderful father-in-law to me. He was always full of his fun and aggravation, but he was always willing to help us however he could. His advice was limitless! He was a great "Papa" to Matthew and I know he and Jacob would have been the bestest buddies. I bet them two would have gotten into a little trouble together!
I don't want to leave out my papaws either. Both were upstanding and respected men that I am truly proud to have called "Papaw". Papaw Doyle passed on while I was only in 6th grade, but Papaw Skaggs married Jason and I, and was able to spoil Matthew for a few years. He died about three months after Jason's dad, and I was six months pregnant with Jacob. I know he would have gotten the biggest kick out of all of Jacob's "wittiness"!! :)
Last, but certainly not least, is the daddy of my two sweet boys! Jason is a terrific daddy, and I am so proud that he works so hard to support our little family. He was 110% supportive and encouraging in me being a stay-at-home mom, even though he knew it would mean extra work and sacrifice on his behalf. This I know is true...Jason loves his boys and his boys sure love him!! :)
Now, to play a little more catch up from the week...Matthew made it to KAP both days this week, and he did well! KAP is out of session for a couple of weeks now, and when he goes back he will have new teachers in his class. I hope that goes smoothly as he is pretty used to one of the staff members that has been in his room and he could get him to do things when no one else could. We've been super busy at Creekside Garden and Nursery, sowing pumpkin and gourd seeds. Not to mention it has been hotter than blue blazes!!! Our temps always seem to go from cold to hot...there's not much of that really nice "in-between" weather. Jason's car had some issues yesterday, so the boys and I took him to work this morning...yep, it was early, but we are all up and in pretty decent moods! :) We are fixing to head out to pick Jason up a new battery, we'll have to go pick him up from work, he's going to mow and the boys and I will be going to pick up Jacob's tux for the wedding on Saturday. Wonder how long those good moods will last after we get all our running done??? Not to mention the draining of the gas tank with all that going back and forth...and all the caffeine I'll need to keep my engine running!! Tomorrow doesn't look much better except for in the morning. (I may actually get a load or two of laundry done then!) Tomorrow afternoon is the wedding rehearsal, Jacob's trophy night for baseball, and then rehearsal dinner. Then Saturday is the big day, and with the pre-wedding pictures, the actual ceremony, the reception, and a stop by some friends' house for a little fellas birthday, I may just need a vacation!! :) I think it may take the better part of next week to recuperate!!!

1 comment:
Loved reading about all your special "Dads". I still have to do my Father's Day post too. I'm always behind on things. BTW, sorry I'm adding to your chaos Saturday;o)
Post a Comment