Saturday, May 29, 2010

Last Day of School

Hello, Summer Break!!! It's a bit hard to believe that another school year is already over. It still amazes me how much faster time seems to pass since both boys have been in school. The boys and I are really excited to be able to spend two months and two days (as Jacob says) together! He knows school doesn't start back until August 3rd, so he ALWAYS throws in those two extra days. :)

Here's a picture of Matthew before going to school for the last day...I don't think he was completely convinced that it really was the last day! Man, he has just thoroughly disliked going to school for at least the last three weeks, and it has been a fight every morning! I'm hoping he will be a much happier little guy now that he doesn't have to go. Last day of school smiles from my big ol' monkey!
Jacob working on his second grade memory book.

Jacob and his teacher, Ms. Kenya.Jacob with a couple of his buddies. Posing by the school house :)
This is my classic picture that I always take on the last day of school. I have a picture of each one of my boys leaving school on the last day from preschool through their last year of elementary. It's fun to see how much they've grown from one year to the next.Matthew giving Miss Lauren some loves. We are a bit sad that Miss Lauren won't get to stay with Matthew next year. I have chosen to keep Matthew at the 5/6 Center for another year, as I feel it will be best for him all the way around. He's had kind of a hard year any way, and I was afraid the transition to a new school might really cause him some problems. There will not be enough students in the classroom for Lauren to be able to stay with him this year, but I am holding out hope that he will get to be with her when he starts middle school. I'm not worried about him for next year though...Ms. Barbara and Ms. Carol will take GREAT care of him!! They are so good with him and I know they love him so much. (BTW, that's a dilly bar on his shirt!! His class was treated to ice cream from DQ and I think he's wearing more than he ate!)

Yesterday was also a big day for my nephew, Michael, as he graduated 8th grade! WOW! That's hard to believe!! Ordinarily I would have went to his ceremony, but I volunteered to work at Creekside so that they could leave it open while Jeromy and Christie went to the graduation. I got to visit with Michael for a while afterwards and we had a blast making each other laugh! :p Even harder still to believe is that Ashlee is now a Senior! Gosh, just seems like yesterday that she was in preschool and now she is about to enter her very last year of high school! Nannie will probably cry at her high school graduation just like I did at her preschool one...can't help it...that little song, Everything Grows, gets me every time! I'm still a little in awe that my baby will be in third grade. He'll be heading to the "big" hall! So much growing up going on in the family!! :)

As for what the summer holds, we have no idea. Matthew will attend KAP this summer, and I'm not sure how that will go. They have changed it from being three hours a day for two days a week, to being seven hours a day for two days a week. I'm not sure how he'll do with that, but we're gonna give it a try. I'm also hoping to do some things around the local area with the boys, and Jacob and I will do some things while Matthew is at KAP that I know he wouldn't like anyway. I'm excited to see what things we can get into!!! :)

Oh, fiddle sticks! I just realized I didn't do pictures of the boys awards, so I'll make that another post a little later on.

2 comments:

Heather said...

They definitely had those "last day of school" smiles:o)

Staffanne said...

Love all the pics! Our babies are growing up!