Wednesday, May 12, 2010

~Mother's Day 2010~

Sunday marked the 13th Mother's Day that I was blessed to be able to celebrate. I can well remember my first Mother's Day, and each is just as precious. I am so thankful of the two sweet boys that God chose me to be Momma for. We had church Sunday morning, and so much of the service was about remembering who we are. I am thankful that I know where I came from, and that it included a heritage of "mothers" that have made me who I am today. From the grandmother who will save a teaspoon of corn from supper instead of throwing it away, because she came from a time when that little tad of corn would be appreciated the next day, to a Mom that is one of my dearest friends....women who have and continue to conduct themselves in a way that others will have confidence in them. I am thankful for all the MOTHERS who have been such an important part of my life!

Before church, Jason and Jacob treated me to heart-shaped pancakes! After church, my boys, Jason and I headed to Leitchfield after church for a quick meal at Sonic :) Michael's 8th grade dance was at four o'clock, and we just missed getting to see him dressed up before leaving Mamaw's house. We enjoyed visiting at Mamaw's with several of our family, and we had a wonderful steak meal. We finished the day up by stopping by to see Jason's mom. Needless to say, we were all pooped when we got home! AND...I had yet to take the first picture! The following are pics of me with my boys and their gifts they brought me from school. Matthew gave me his on Friday, but Jacob hid his until yesterday!! I love how he always makes me wait until it is the actual "holiday" until I get my gifts...so cute :)


Here's me with the little boy who made me a Mommy over 12 years ago!

Me with the sweet little fella that renewed all those Mommy moments for me over seven and a half years ago.
I love BOTH of my boys SOOOOOO much!


2 comments:

Staffanne said...

Loved all the photos! You are a "Wonderful" Mother and a super sweet person! Glad you had a great day.

Heather said...

Loved the cute flower pot that Jacob made! I'm sure Matthew was happy you chose Sonic for your Mother's Day meal. I chose Pizza Hut and everybody was happy but Nathan...until he remembered he could get pasta instead of pizza!