Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ashlee's Junior Prom

My posts seem to be getting fewer and farther between! I must say that we have had a LOT going on the past few days and I have felt like I was meeting myself coming and going at times. I have spent the week with Christie at the greenhouse while the boys were at school and sometimes after I picked them up, as it's been pretty busy for Mother's Day. Needless to say, we have acquired quite the farmer's tan! Last Sunday we had a shower for Jason's brother, Jonathan and his fiance, Tiffany, so there was lots of prep work leading up to that. Jacob had another ball game on Tuesday night, and even though they lost, I thought they really held out with what could very well be the number one team in the league, right up until the last couple of innings. It was 11-4 and Jacob said they got skunked :) His highlight of the night was catching a really high fly ball! :)

Back to today...Prom for my niece! I did Ashlee's makeup and saw her and Andrew all gussied up in their fancy duds. They looked wonderful! I've added some pictures below...

My Sweet Girl
Back of the dress and hair.

Jacob and his "Yee-Yee"

I really like this one!



Figuring out the corsage.

I loved the corsage!
Matthew was NOT excited at ALL!

The Sweet Couple
I'm trying to figure out when our proms began with a theme. This year was a Masquerade Ball.
Getting ready to leave!

3 comments:

Heather said...

She is gorgeous!!!! Andrew looks pretty good too:o) BTW, what kind of ring is that on her finger??

Staffanne said...

Ashlee is beautiful! It doesn't seem like very long ago that we were doing this prom stuff. Wow, how time flies when you are having fun! I am going to pay a visit to the greenhouse real soon!

Nan said...

Dear goodness, Heather! I knew someone would make that comment :) It is most definitely NOT (THAT) kind of ring...hahaha!! She's not 30 yet! ;)

Thank you both for your compliments, and Staff, time sure flies fast doesn't it? It seems like Ashlee was just a wee tot coming to watch us play ball, and now she is fixing to start into her senior year of school! Kinda has a way of making a person feel OLD!