Jacob picked this basket of flowers out all by himself, and we let him hang it on the shepherd's hook at the foot of Papaw Ronnie's grave.
He also picked this bouquet of flowers for Papaw and Mamaw Vincent. Jason's papaw has been gone since before Jason and I started dating, but we just lost Mamaw in 2006. She was one of the absolute sweetest ladies I have ever known, and I still cherish the friendship we had. There were times she would call me just to talk, and I loved to listen. She sure loved my boys and I am thankful that they both knew her, and that Jacob was old enough when she passed away, that he still remembers her. I miss her all the time, but there are certain days when her memory is brought to the forefront. Take for instance, election day. Many times, I would pick her up and she would sit in the car with my boys while I would go in and vote. Something so simple, but something Mamaw was proud she could do for me! :)
Daddy taking his boys to visit his daddy's grave...
Papa and Mamaw Vincent would have loved to seen him laughing!
Trying to take a picture of the two of them is like pulling frog's teeth! Matthew is laughing, but not looking at the camera, and Jacob is trying to blow a bubble! :)

2 comments:
Precious pictures!
This brought tears to my eyes! Such a Great thing that you do with your family! I think it is really important to teach your kids to remember those you have gone on and left a legacy behind. Kuddos to you again for being such a Wonderful MOM!
Post a Comment