Today was the second grade field trip to Chaney's Dairy Barn/Farm in BG. I've heard all about Chaney's, been by there, been on their website, but I have never stopped in, nor have I ever tasted their fresh made ice cream. Needless to say, I think I was a bit more excited about going than Jacob!!! Yesterday I mentioned to him that he would get to go on his field trip today, and he just was not enthused. "Yeah, it's just a dairy farm." Trying to talk it up and get him excited I mentioned different things they would probably see or do, and one was that he would probably get to see how a cow is milked. His reply: "Mom, everybody knows that. You just squeeze its tentacles." I loved it!! I didn't dare correct him...he can call them tentacles for life! :)
Even though he was initially un-excited, I'm pretty sure Jacob had a blast! We went on a little hayride first, and traveled over to a barn where the kids were able to see a Jersey dairy cow up close and personal. There was a demonstration on how she was milked and they all were allowed to pet Ms. Glimmer when they left.

Then they got to pet Abigail, a 16 day old calf.

They loved it!

Back on the wagon.

YUM!! Enjoying a scoop of blue ice cream :)

Lunch time! Prior to the trip, the kids had chosen whether they wanted a ham or turkey sandwich or hot dog, and then they were given chips, pink lemonade and an apple or banana half. The adults ordered lunch from the menu when we got there and I had a ham sandwich. It was really good...made on fresh homemade bread...yumm-o! (Well, I forgot to get a picture of me or mom with Jacob during the entire trip, but I did manage to catch Grandma in the corner of this shot :)

After lunch, the kiddos "finally" got to play on the playground!! :) I like this picture of Jacob. I caught him mid-stride while he was still in the air.

They have the coolest slides!! I would love to have one of these at home! When I asked Jacob what his favorite part of the trip was, the slide was his answer.

Sweetness!

Jacob inside the slide :)

Okay, in all fairness, she knew I had my camera, and knew I would be blogging! But, I thought it was a great picture or else I wouldn't have done it to one of my sweet friends! Oh man, I may have just lost my one faithful commenter!! ;)

Jacob riding the school bus. This is one of only 2 or 3 times a year that he rides on a bus, so it's a big deal!

Oh, what more can I say about this...other than CHOCOLATE and STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE. Oh yeah...it was GOOOOOOOD!!!

I am hoping we might be able to get a little group together to go one of the ice cream and a moo-vie nights. I think the kids would like sitting outside to watch a movie, and I KNOW I would enjoy sampling more flavors of that ice cream!!

1 comment:
Hey, I'm still commenting:o) I had fun on that slide. It was a fun field trip and I have had a craving for ice cream every since that scoop yesterday. I think getting some together and going to the moovie and ice cream thing would be fun.
Post a Comment