We've been busy the past few days with some of our first Christmas get-togethers and activities. On Thursday night, there was a Christmas social at the fire department. There was a big turnout and Santa made his appearance. Poor Matthew conked out before the jolly guy in red's arrival, but Santa was ever so gracious to pose with him for a picture. Jacob was NOT keen on sitting on his lap and getting his picture made. I really don't know if it was nerves or embarrassment, but I thought he was going to cry at one point. I did get some really cute pictures though. I hope to get my computer fixed so that I can add some pictures soon...I've got a backlog building up :)
On Friday night, there was a Christmas party for KAP. We were on our way and had an accident with my dish of macaroni and cheese for the potluck. Being the socialite I am, I was not about to show up at the dinner without my dish, so we headed back home. Both of the boys were asleep by the time we got back home anyway. Needless to say, Jason spent a very cold night in the dog house.
Saturday morning, we got up in the wee hours and took the boys to my mom's so Jason and I could venture up to Shepherdsville for our health and wellness screenings. Needless to say, I wasn't in the greatest mood and being expected to do a step test and sit ups that early did not help matters! Not to mention that they had to try twice to get blood for the blood test portion, and ended up getting it out of the back of my hand and it hurt! They barely managed to get blood from Jason and it made him plum sick! He was a nasty pale color, but he did look better than last year. I almost felt sorry for him until I remembered the night before. We made it back home for the end of my homemakers breakfast. I decided against going on the Christmas Tree Tour of Homes this year...I mean, a girl can only do so much! We went over to my brother's house that night for Michael's birthday party. He will turn 14 next Saturday, but since we will be in the Smokies then, they had his party early. I can hardly believe my sweet little nephew is going to be 14...I should since he's as tall as me now, but I still see him as that cute little baby toddling around!
Sunday night was the Doyle Christmas. My dad's brothers, sister and their families all get together for dinner and catching up. I don't get to see a lot of that side of the family often, so it's always enjoyable to see them. I couldn't believe how much some of the kids had grown!!!
I have plans of shopping, cleaning and preparing for our trip this week! I would love to get my shopping done this week, but we'll see! We are looking forward to heading to the Smokies on Friday afternoon...reservations have been made at the Dixie Stampede and I am so excited to see their Christmas show!!!

2 comments:
I would love to see the Smokies at Christmastime again. I haven't been since before Nathan and I got married. I hope you guys have a great trip. Sorry the KAP dinner didn't work out, I know you were looking forward to all your get-togethers. Good luck on the shopping. If you don't get finished, I'm sure you'll find some great gifts on your trip.
The Smokies at Christmas is BEAUTIFUL! That was the last vacation my sister and I took with mom and dad and it was full of great memories! I love this time of year, but it exhausts me with all the running that we have to do. You all be careful and have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment