Here's a close-up view of the house. Note, Jacob made all the "patterns" as he calls them...everything nice and equal...a child after my own heart!!!!
I have also included some pictures of our Christmas trees for this year. I started pretty early putting them up, and do you know, there are still tons of decorations that I managed not to get around to...speaking of...our stockings have yet to be hung up! Guess I better do that tomorrow...well, actually later today! New this year is my gingerbread tree in the kitchen. I started collecting the ornaments last year and I absolutely LOVE this little tree! It's just a 4-footer, but I thought it turned out really cute.
This little tree sits on a table in the playroom window. It has clear lights; yellow, blue and red (shatter-proof) balls that have been tied on with autism awareness ribbon. Autism doesn't go away just because it's the holidays...
Jacob's tree is the only one in the house with gifts under it! He is so proud of his purchases that he made at the school's Santa Shop.
I LOVE the boys' first stockings! I have to still display them...
Matthew's is on the left and Jacob's is on the right. I just can't believe so many years have passed by since those stockings were used!
Just for fun, I snapped a picture of a picture of Jacob's first Christmas. He was four months old exactly on Christmas day 2002 and he was SO precious! You wouldn't think a four month old would have a clue about what a gift was, but this little munchkin LOVED opening gifts! He would watch as they handed them out and if it passed him by he would start crying!! I was amazed :)
Here's a picture of Matthew of the same year. He was five years and ten months old...he's so small there!
Here's a picture of our living room tree. Not a real good photo...and yes, I know our picture is lopsided in that frame - arg! No gifts under there...Matthew opens them all, so we just don't put 'em under there!
I'm so thankful that I KNOW the real meaning of Christmas and that, more than anything, is what I want to teach my boys. As teacher of the little children at Sunday School, I spend about three classes studying the birth of Jesus and I try to instill in the kiddos that Jesus really is the reason for the season, and that it really doesn't matter what's under your tree Christmas morning. I'm hoping to start a tradition of reading the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible with my family. I could hear it read a million times over, and it would still touch my heart in a special way...just to know the magnitude of what was set in place so many years ago with the birth of a baby boy. May you all have a blessed and joyous Christmas!

3 comments:
Your gingerbread house makes mine look pathetic! I was planning on posting a pic of it today, but I'm going to have to put a disclaimer on it - may harm eyesight:)
The pictures of all your trees and Jacob's gingerbread house are just too cute!!
Trace said yesterday to Nathan that he knew Christmas was not about the presents...that the most important part was baby Jesus. Your doing a great job with the kids. They are so blessed to have such a wonderful Sunday School teacher:o) Merry Christmas!!
Amen to Heather's comment!! Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment