Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Morning Pictures

Well, I am yet again late with my post. I had really planned on posting these pics yesterday, but the boys and I have been trying to enjoy every single moment of their break from school. I have managed to get all the inside decorations packed away and drug upstairs. The outside decor will have to wait a few more days...I haven't stuck my head out the door the last couple of days...ain't even ventured down to the mailbox...how lazy is that! We have really enjoyed just being home together, the boys playing with new toys, me wishing I had a degree in Transformers 101 (but hey, I managed to get the big thing separated; I just told Jacob he would have to play with the SIX, yes, I said SIX vehicles separately for a long time before I tried to transform it back to the big Devastator!), Jacob whipping me in a few games of Connect 4, Matthew and I enjoying lots of cuddle time on the couch, watching movies (Hallmark is still playing Christmas movies and I MADE Jacob hand over the remote for a while yesterday!), and lots of loves from my sweet boys!! I have even managed to sneak in reading a couple of books the last few days, and surprisingly, I haven't been on the computer as much...maybe my "addiction" (as I've been informed by my seven-year-old that I have!) is getting better! We're pretty happy that today is Daddy's last day of work for 2009, and he will be spending the next four days at home with us. We'll all be in for a dose of reality come Monday morning, but until then, we're gonna make the best of it! The pictures I have included are from Christmas morning while the boys opened presents from Santa. This wonderful mind forgot her camera for Christmas morning at Mom and Dad's and at Mamaw's :/ My favorite pictures are the ones of amazement on Jacob's face when he opened something that was on his list...priceless! Matthew couldn't open his fast enough...he would open one, stack it nicely in the floor and then ask for another...so sweet, but hard to catch with the camera. Again, Santa was extra special to the boys this year and we are so thankful! Enjoy the photos...


Jacob was super-excited to find $5.00 under his pillow on Christmas morning! I wonder if the Tooth Fairy caught a ride on Santa's sleigh?!
Our tree after Santa's visit...sorry about having to tilt your head!

The boys' stockings after Santa filled them right to the top! (Jacob said, "Oh, I can't look at the stockings, cause I can see what's in there!")
Jacob's first gift was a SNUGGIE!! This has been at the top of his list for months! Needless to say, he was a little excited to get it!
Check out this face...
It was one of the specific Backugans he has wanted for the longest time! They advertised them on tv before you could even find them in stores. He was really surprised to get them!
Matthew with his BIG gift from Santa...his GoTalk 9...I'm really excited to get it all set up with pictures and to begin using it with him. It will be so wonderful for him to be able to use it to make his wants more specific! So exciting!!!
Another one of those surprised faces....wonder what it is??? A NINTENDO DS!!! He has played it bunches since Christmas morning.
Matthew opening one of his favorite things...a wrestling man!
I love the little look on Matthew's face here...PRECIOUS!
Yep, Jason had a little trouble staying awake!
Another sweet face!

An AirHog Switchblade helicopter! He has seen this advertised on tv forever and I'll admit, the commercial makes it look super-cool. Now, just to get it to work like on the commercial! Matthew with his stocking goodies...I see marshmallow peep snowmen, a slinky, The Rock, toothbrush, Santa bendy, and I think there was still a little more in there!
Jacob took his time opening his stocking and showed me it all!
Hershey's Santas!
Santa ALWAYS brings the boys new toothbrushes in their stockings....guess he figures that'll help with the chocolate Santas! ;) He also got a book of fun dip packages and a baby bottle pop he'll need to brush after!
Jacob got several of the Schliech animals that he collects...he had some in his stocking, and got some from other family. It made his collection so big that we had to get a bigger container to keep them in :)
Just had to include this...Jason was tending to Matthew's new pet monkey ;) It is the cutest thing...Mom bought it for him because of it's hands and feet, and we had to open it and play with it before we wrapped it. The little thing drinks it's banana bottle, burps, hiccups, makes monkey noises, and moves its arms...too cute!


One more thing that I meant to add for yesterday. It was EIGHT years ago yesterday that I found out little Jacob was on his way :) After the loss of our baby in July, it was such a blessing to know that God was giving us another little miracle. Of course I was scared, but I was SO excited! We decided not to tell until I was three months along and we made the announcement at Matthew's 4th birthday party. That was such a special time for us and I couldn't help but think back to it yesterday. God is so good!

Guess that's enough for now. I have planned a special post for tomorrow, but who knows if I'll get it done or not! The way I've been going here lately, it won't happen, but I guess we'll see!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Loved the pics!! Santa always brings my boys new toothbrushes too...must be a Santa thing:o) Enjoy your next four days together!