Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We've had some fun days that I've been waiting to post about until I can upload my pictures, but it will probably be a few more days before I can, so I thought I better post now and upload pictures later :) I've had a few technical difficulties of late, and I've been to ornery to take the time to iron them out to where I can post pics...and I'm working the next couple of days, so I don't know when I'll have time. I WILL post them soon :)

Let's see...what have we done since Thanksgiving? Friday was a lazy day for the Vincent household that started off with green Christmas tree pancakes, followed by the greatest lunch...Thanksgiving leftovers at Mom and Dad's! I love leftovers and enjoy the food as much the second time around as I did the first :) We spent the evening at home watching Christmas movies. On Saturday, I was out early and working on Christmas lights. I even climbed out the upstairs window, onto the roof of the porch and put lights around the window up there! Truthfully, I was just thankful that I fit out the window and was able to get back in...I would have been terribly embarrassed to have gotten stuck out there! I mean, eating Thanksgiving dinner, plus the leftovers on Friday, plus that window is not real big up there...however, I made it out and back in without help. :)

Saturday night was the B-ville Christmas parade and for the the first time in years, we were able to go. It usually falls on our church meeting, but they had it earlier this year and we were able to go. The last time we went was when Matthew was little and before Jacob was born. Jacob was SO excited!!! Not only did he go to the parade; he was in it! He and Jason rode atop our local fire department's fire engine. Jason is now one of the volunteer firefighters, so he and Jacob were candy throwers off the engine :) When I dropped them off, Jacob was wearing an elf hat, but when they made it to where Matthew, Grandmama and I were watching from, he had on his daddy's helmet and looked SO cute! He was also wearing something else...a permanent SMILE! He couldn't have been more proud! I think it's safe to say that was the highlight of his weekend! Matthew was not as excited about the parade. Poor guy, the sounds of the sirens hurt his ears so much and send him into a meltdown. There were a couple of times that the loud noises of the engines of some of the vehicles caused him to literally jump. I wouldn't have even set out with him, but there were parts of the parade he really liked. The Shriner clowns were his favorite part and two of them came over to talk to him and give him five. They are a really awesome group who do a lot of good for children with disabilities, and try to go the extra mile when they see a child that is evident to have special needs of some type. It made my heart smile to see them give Matthew their attention♥ Matthew also liked seeing Santa Claus who was riding along at the end of the parade.

We went to church Sunday and then came home to lunch of chili and grilled cheese. At one point during the day, we were all four piled up on the couch watching A Christmas Carol. We enjoyed Christmas movies most of the day. I think it's evident that we enjoyed our long holiday weekend at home! I was terribly afraid that Matthew would have a hard time going back to school today, but he was ever-so-excited when I told him he was going this morning. Jacob was ready to head back and see his friends :) Jacob brought home the absolute sweetest thing he had written at school, but I'm not going to tell you about it...I want to take a picture to post first. It is definitely something I will treasure forever!

The end of this week starts our official kickoff of Christmas gatherings! Thursday night there will be a Christmas social at the fire department where Jason is a member, Friday night is the KAP Christmas dinner, Saturday morning is my homemakers club Christmas breakfast, (and let me mention right here that we have to go VERY early that morning to our wellness checks for our insurance at Jason's work...yes, they will weigh me, make me do sit-ups and the dreaded step test, and will end it all by taking blood! What we have to do to save money! I could save them and myself the time by stating that 1. I'm fat 2. I can't do many sit-ups 3. My heart and lungs will high near explode when doing that step test 4. I'm much easier to get blood from than Jason!) We have a birthday party that afternoon, and my Dad's family Christmas dinner is on Sunday!!! WOW! It sounds like a lot, but I love Christmas get-togethers! We are anxiously counting down the days to our Smoky Mountain trip too! :)


3 comments:

robin said...

I saw Jacob on the fire truck. He was loving every minute. This was our first parade too because of church. Josie LOVED it. Can't wait to see you Sunday.

Heather said...

I heard the parade was really good. We stayed home and watched a Christmas movie (boys request). Your weekend sounds VERY busy but I'm sure it will be loads of fun. (except for the insurance part:o)

Staffanne said...

Saw your little man on the fire truck...adorable as always! Glad you had a great weekend!