Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Matthew's Fall Portrait

Look at this handsome fella...
I finally received Matthew's school pictures and I love them. He looks so serious, but anyone who knows how Matthew dislikes to have his picture taken knows that this is a good one. Also considering that picture day was during some of the really bad days Matthew was having, I'm surprised they even captured a shot of him at all!

It has been a bit since I've posted, but goodness I've sure been busy. Last week was full of hustle and bustle and the holiday season is not even officially underway :) On November 10th, Jason and I celebrated an anniversary of sorts...16 years ago from that date, he wrote me a note asking me to be his girlfriend with little boxes to check yes or no♥ That was during the time that the song Check Yes or No was very popular, so he did it as a sweet little gesture. Wow, hard to believe that's been 16 years ago! I'm truly blessed that the Lord put us together!!

Last week I worked toward the Christmas Bazaar that our homemakers had on Saturday, so that took up the majority of my time. We had some very nice things at our booth and we did well. I wish there was a way to get more people out and about. I think it being so warm outside kept a lot of people home and working in their yards...hard to get in the Christmasy mood when it's so nice and warm out!! Well, Jacob and I had the decorating bug, so we put up his little tree in his bedroom and I got up my gingerbread tree in the kitchen. My goal before the boys get out of school for Thanksgiving is to have all of our decorations up. That means I have to get busy tidying up and re-arranging furniture to make way for the tree. As sore as I am this morning, I don't know if I'll be moving couches and chairs today or not! I cleaned the vinyl siding on the front of the house yesterday and man am I feeling it this morning! NO, I've not been exercising...who has time for that???

We went to Mom's and helped her put up her tree last night and she paid us with a yummy supper! There was also some Christmas music on and the kids were singing some Christmas songs while decorating. I'm looking forward to the Christmas fun, but more importantly, sharing the true meaning of the Season with the kiddos. BUT, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving first!! I have so much to be thankful for this year, and it is one of my favorite holidays...and NO, not just because of the food!! I just don't tend to decorate for Thanksgiving, so I see no reason why I can't have my Christmas pretties up to enjoy come Thanksgiving night :o)

I'm really looking forward to Friday night...the release of New Moon!! We've been waiting A LONG time to see this movie and I know it will be great! Can't say I'm looking forward to sitting in a theater full of screaming teenagers, but I hope I don't join in the scream-fest when Eddie-boy makes his first appearance ;) I've got to practice a little self-control...for Pete's sake, I'm 31 years old...not 13!!!!! Not to mention, I may lose my ride home if I don't behave myself!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Is Jason taking you Friday night? If so, that's love!! I think Matthew's pictures are great! We have our decorations up too. Just not the tree yet.

Staffanne said...

Happy Anniversary! And, I love sweet Matthew's pictures. Hope you enjoy the movie!

Tiffany Vincent said...

What a GREAT picture of Matthew. He looks sooo handsome in his glasses. Love it!