Friday, November 6, 2009

Kyrock Fall Festival

Today was the big day...Fall Festival at Kyrock! I know many parents may think it's a chore to have to go to school on these days, but I really can say that I enjoy being able to share in these times with my kiddos. I am so glad that Jacob still wants me to come to school and gets excited to see me come in his class. Jacob seemed to have tons of fun playing games today and probably his happiest moment was winning a fish :) If your ball goes in the jar (it can go in and come out) you get to take home a fishie. Here is a picture of him playing for his prized possession.


Here he is playing the Wheel of Fortune...love this "action" shot :) Check out that form!

When this is blown up, it is sooo cute! He's really working on getting that fish in! Would you know, he caught two "fish" for the price of one!
Playing corn hole...for a quarter, you can throw two bags. Jacob stepped up to the line, let'em rip and sunk both bags easily into the hole. I was a teensy bit proud, and he made it look so easy!

Picking the perfect duckie.
Ring toss

Another favorite...sandy candy. The kids get to pay to make a tube of sand candy (like pixie stix) and they love making them...I don't know how many of them actually eat the candy later, but they have a blast layering the different colors in their straw. Here's Jacob with his buddies Trent and Trace.

I ended up relenting and let Jacob get his hair painted. Half of his head was blue and half was red. Needless to say, the bath water was a lovely shade this evening. If you will look closely above his head, you will see his name on one of the baseballs above his head...It's for being in the 50 point club for accelerated reader points.
Jacob also played a sports toss and got two of the three bean bags in the hole, dug at the dino dig, did the quarter drop and lollipop tree and got a tattoo of a Power Ranger. We went back to school tonight and had the yummy ham dinner and Jacob played more games. (Matthew enjoyed eating LOTS of ham and seeing some of his past teachers ;) I asked him if he wanted to go see Mrs. Sherry and he smiled so sweetly and started giggling. I know he knew exactly who I was talking about!) Needless to say, we brought home three more fish, bringing the total to 4. Jacob has already named them all...Goldie, Fattie, Whitie and Swimmie. I guess we'll see how long they last...since I don't really know what kind of fish they are, I'm not holding out a lot of hope, AND I hope they like goldfish food since that's all we have on hand! We didn't stay for the Royalty Contest and basket auction this year, but I have heard that the King raised over $2000.00!! The basket for the second grade (Jacob's grade) brought the most money in the auction :) All in all, we've had a great day and I'm hoping the school made lots of money.

All of my fellas are snoozing right now and I think I'm gonna join them! Matthew actually stayed up later tonight, so I'm hoping that means he'll sleep a little later in the morning! :) Hope you all have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad their basket done well! I agree with you about Fall Festival being fun. It's loud, hot, and crowded but it's all worth it to see our kids having so much fun. I wouldn't want to miss it!! You can tell Mrs. Sherry and Matthew have a special bond. That's so good!!