I hope everyone had an enjoyable Labor Day!! We spent the morning at home not doing much of anything, and then headed up to my Mamaw's for a cookout with some of my family. My brother grilled out rib-eyes and we had baked potatoes, salad and some of the most delicious rolls! We had some cakes, cookies and brownies for dessert and then Matthew insisted that we cut a watermelon. It was so sweet to hear him say "watermelon"!! The kids (and some of us grown ups) had fun painting pumpkins and there was several games of corn hole played. The little boys (and Andrew) had so much fun just running and playing in the yard. It's always fun just to get together with the people you love the most :o) It was nice for Jason to be off work and the boys to be out of school today...I've thought it was Saturday all day long! Surely this week will fly by! I took along my camera and snapped a few shots of the kiddos today...enjoy!
Jacob and some of his masterpieces!
He only ended up with about 10 painted pumpkins and gourds!

Matthew's favorite part of the day!! :o)

The kiddos in the straw tent.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get this bunch all looking at the right camera at the right time...without some type of silly expression on their faces????
It ain't easy folks!

I wanted to do some "brother" shots, but Bubba wasn't too happy about that!
He was ready to get back to his watermelon!

He looks halfway peaceable here.

Jacob would have his picture made all day long...he's a clown!

Little Farmer Jacob!

Matthew finally gave up and went off to sleep. Poor guy missed the homemade ice cream.

Cousins...They love to play together, but usually end up in a fuss :)

I asked Michael if he wanted to take a picture eating his "homemade ice cream" and this is the pose he gave me! I love this little guy so much!!

I set up a couple of fall displays at Mamaw's on Friday. This is a picture of the large display.
Jeromy has everything in this display for sale!
(okay, so my OCD with symmetry is showing just a bit here!)

This is the smaller display using only three straw bales.
Small, but still cute!

These long weekends sure do spoil us, and I'm already dreading getting back into the routine in the morning! At least we can look forward to a short week again next week...Fair Day next Friday! Here's wishing you all a safe and happy week!! :o)
3 comments:
Long weekends spoil me! Addison loves her pumpkins!
Pretty arrangements! Looks like you all had fun. I know all the food sounds really good:o)
Great pictures-Looks like your gang had a great Labor Day :0)
Post a Comment