Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jacob's Lunch with Grandparents

Yesterday was Jacob's class' turn to have lunch with their grandparents. Jacob was so excited that both Grandma and Mamaw Shela could come!!! I sent along my camera for a few pictures...




Mamaw Shela, Jacob and Grandma
Jacob and Mamaw Shela
All smiles for the grannies :)

Jacob really enjoyed his day!

I took Matthew to the doctor for a re-check on his ears yesterday, and thankfully they were all clear! While we were there, we went ahead and got Matthew his flu shot. I never had thought much about getting a flu shot for the kiddos until Matthew had both the A and B strands within a few weeks of each other a couple of years ago. He had one strand in conjunction with pneumonia, and it landed him in the hospital for a few nights. He was one sick little fella, and I made sure to get him a flu shot the next season to try to ward off a repeat. He did so well with the shot...never cried a whimper! He was rewarded with his beloved Sonic grilled cheese :o)

With this being the week of the lovely county fair, I am a little more busy than I care to be! I helped out at the baby show last night, went and cleaned the exhibit barn this morning, and will be helping to check-in exhibits on Thursday. Our club will also help out with the barn-sitting and check-out, but I'm hoping a few without kiddos can help with that since it's after school hours.

On top of all that, Matthew begins his fall semester today at WKU's CDC (Communications Disorders Clinic) and KAP (Kelly Autism Program). I am so thankful that these programs are available in our area, but the long drive (takes an hour from our house) gets a little tiresome at times. BUT, it is worth it!!!

2 comments:

Shela Brooks Vincent said...

And a nice lunch was had by all,,,always enjoy being with Jacob!

thanks ever-so-much for helping with the fair,,,,takes more work off me and you're younger!! yikes!!

I understand about the long BG trips,,,,and can sure relate
(with my 28 days straight), hopefully it will pay off for both of us. Matthew is sooo precious!!

Heather said...

Jacob looks pretty happy in the pictures!! Today was Trace's and last week was Trent's.