Friday, September 18, 2009

*Fair Day 2009*

FAIR DAY!!! When I was a kid, this was a huge event!! I can remember when we used to march (as a school) in the parade and ride as many rides as we could manage. These days, I've turned into one of those "oldies" that couldn't ride a ride if I had too! Ever since I rode the cobra (over 8 years ago) and got as sick as a dog, this old gal is more than happy to watch! I've not given in to the "sitting under the shade tree moms" club YET, but I'm sure it's coming one day soon! This particular day has been more tiring than usual. The boys and I left with Jason at 4:30 this morning so we could take him to work. We came back home, and in the time that I was getting ready to head to the parade, I bet I was asked a hundred times when the fair started! :) I must say, Jacob has been so good about the whole fair thing, and has been very content to wait until "Fair Day" to attend. The boys and I set out for B-ville and met up with some of my family to watch the parade. I was very proud of Matthew...he handled those sirens like a trooper!!! We ended up with tons of candy and Ashlee caught Jacob a ECHS football t-shirt. I let Jacob ride out to the fair grounds with my brother and his family, while I took Matthew up to Mamaw's house to stay with Mom. Then I headed back down to the fair grounds to spend a little time with Jacob. I hated to not include Matthew at the fair, but he HATED every minute of it last year, and I figured he would have more fun at Mamaw's than he could even think of having on the midway. I stayed for a bit, but soon had to leave to go pick Matthew up and head back up to Lebanon Junction to pick Jason up from work. Sippin' on a sweet tea with a sleepin' little buddy in the back seat, I cruised right on up the interstate and went through one of the hardest rains I've ever driven in! People were pulled off all along the side of I-65, but I was too afraid of getting rammed in the rear to pull over, so I just crawled along with the rest of the traffic. We picked up Jason and then headed home. I left him off here and then had to go get Jacob at Mamaw's. Needless to say, I am SO sleepy right now, that I'm actually typing with one eye shut! Nope, I'm not kidding...my left eye is shut and I think the right one wants to follow! I actually nodded off a while ago, and thought I was gonna break my neck when I jerked it back up from falling forward. I bet I'm sure cute right now :) I have a few pictures from the day...if you'll click on the pictures of the boys' fair entries, they will be big enough for you to read or see.

Matthew pre-parade...chilling with his snake!

Picking up candy! Some floats were throwing Milky Way caramels and Dove chocolates with almonds...I did NOT let him leave those in the road!!

Jacob's handwriting
He won a red ribbon...yay!!


Mrs. Kenya's class poster...CUTE!

A closer view of Jacob's picture...
He is such a handsome cop :)

Matthew's "Hero" paper
Hooray for a blue ribbon!

The Fun Slide

Just a swingin'

Michael on the dreadful Cobra!
He is so much braver than his Aunt Nan!!
(That turkey is even waving at me!)

Uncle Jeromy, Patrick, Jacob and Michael on the Sea Ray.

Part of our crew

Uncle Jeromy and Jacob on this go-around thingy...
I have no idea what it's called and Mr. Remember Everything is asleep or I'd ask! :)

The highlight of Jacob's fair experience...
throwing away money!
BUT, he did win two pictures and a stuffed animal, so I guess he was happy with that!
One thing I know for sure...I'm so glad that the fair is finished (for our part anyway) for another year! I also hope tomorrow is much less busy! Heading off to bed now before I nod off and knock a hole in my head. (You know...I can't even remember what the first of this says! It's probably all jumbled up and doesn't even make since...I'm too tired to proof it, so just ignore any silly things I may have mentioned! :)


1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad Matthew likes his snake:o) Jacob didn't look scared to ride anything. We were going tonight BUT we got rained out. So the boys didn't get to go any this time. They seemed okay about it. We had movie night instead. We rented a movie from Saling's and I let them buy some snacks to eat on during the movie. We all enjoyed it:o)