Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Fall!

Yesterday morning when Jacob stepped out on the porch, he headed right back in the door and said, "Whooo, it's cold out there!" He wore his jacket to school yesterday and today, and Matthew carried his snowman blanket with him into every doctor's office we went in yesterday. (More about that later in this post!) With the coming of the cooler temperatures is probably my favorite time of year....Autumn! The cooler days make it bearable to actually be outside and I love all the colors the season brings. I'm getting anxious to begin my fall decorating and I'm ready to crack out Barney's Halloween Party on DVD! Even though my boys are a little big for Barney these days, I still insist on watching the DVD numerous times starting about this time every year. The songs are just too cute! :o) I'm ready to crack out the pumpkin spice and apple scented candles and make some homemade chili!

For those of you who have the fall decorating bug, my brother has got loads of goodies for sale in Chalybeate! Mamaw's front lawn has been turned into an oasis of mums, pumpkins, gourds, corn shocks, straw bales and more!!! I have included a few pictures to give you an idea of what he has available and some of his prices. In all honesty...there are some of the prettiest pumpkins there I have ever seen and his prices would rival any around! Plus, it beats the drive to Bowling Green :o) He does all the growing himself...with help from all the family of course! Enjoy the pictures and stop on by for all your fall decorating needs!!!



These are some of the largest jack-o-lantern pumpkins. The picture does not do their size justice...they are BIG! $5.00!!!
Had to throw in the watermelons!! We can all attest to their yumminess...especially Matthew!!

Here are some large white cushaws and some nice pumpkins ~ $3.00 each

Here are some of his mums. They are all potted and are $3.00 each.
There are LOTS of color varieties and he has some asters as well.

More mum colors.

More colors...
Cantaloupes are $1.00 each.

These are the pie pumpkins
Only .50 cents EACH!!!
They are perfect for filling in spaces and that's a WONDERFUL price!

These are some of the more medium sized pumpkins available for $2.50
There are lots of different sizes and color varieties of pumpkins. They are priced accordingly.

Here is some of his Indian corn. Lots of color varieties!!
$1.50 per ear or 3 ears for $3.00

More Indian corn
These are very cool!
Wooly bear, prickles, and hedgehog gourds!
.50 cents each

This table of Turk Turbines, birdhouse gourds, apple gourds, small gourds and white pumpkins are $2.00 each.
This bin of gourds and small pumpkins are $1.00 each.

These are the mini gourds and they are .25 cents each.
These gourds are .50 cents each.

These are REALLY nice pumpkins for $3.00!!!!

He still has some varieties of gourds that are not ready at this time. More goodies will be added as it is ready to harvest. He also has straw bales for $4.00 each and corn shocks for $5.00. Painted pumpkins will be available before long...(whenever I get the time to go paint some!)

As I mentioned about Matthew earlier, he has not had the best weekend! Saturday, we were outside and he got eaten alive by some kind of bug. He has 11 bites on one upper arm alone! He's just SOOO sweet, the bugs love him! On Sunday, he got locked in the car after Sunday School. Thankfully the car was running! He handled it really well and we were all so relieved for the dude to bring the thingy to open the door. It honestly looked like a blood pressure cuff that he used to pry the door open enough to slip a rod in there to roll down the window. I told Boo she would have to start carrying her BP cuff with her! Sad thing is, my Edge has the combination lock, but the combination was in the car! We are making copies to give to all our church friends :o) Later in the day, I was trying to get Matthew off the couch. I stood him up and he just didn't have any legs to stand on. He didn't really fall; more or less just set down. In doing so, he hurt his leg/ankle. He started walking a bit that night, but when he woke up yesterday morning, he couldn't put pressure on it. For him to feel the pain, I knew something was wrong. (Of course the medicine he's on makes him feel pain more too.) I took him to his pediatrician and she checked him out. I told her he was congested and to no surprise to me, he has another ear infection. She gave him an antibiotic for that and some medicine for his bites. She sent him down for x-rays and that was FUN! He really did WELL, but I know it hurt for them to turn his ankle the way they did. We went back to her office and she had good news...no breaks. She still wanted us to see someone ortho wise, so we headed downstairs to one of the new sports medicine doctors. He was really good with Matthew and said that since Matthew is soooo flat footed anyway, the main tendon running down the inside of his leg is already in a strain. When he twisted, it strained that even more resulting in the pain. Wonderfully, he gave us a script for his foot braces and we went and had his feet casted for those as well. Needless to say, Matthew was WORN OUT!!! (I was too!) One thing that worries me is that I am almost convinced that Matthew had a "staring seizure" while in the orthotics office. I will definitely be talking to the neurologist about that. Happily, Matthew was able to walk a little better this morning.

Let me tell you a few funnies on Jacob! Last night on the way home, he said that one of his special class teachers "had to go home and check on one of her babies. He was sick to the head. I'm pretty sure it was a head virus." I wanted to crack up!! He was SOOOO serious! Later, when he was going to bed, he said, "Do ghosts resist?" "Huh?" was my reply. He said, "Do ghosts resist? A couple of girls in my class said they resist." Then it dawned on me....Do ghosts EXIST? I said, "exist?" "Yeah," he said. "Then I explained that ghosts are not real and was then questioned about giants! :o) We were taking home some cantaloupes to sell and he said he had worked and helped pick them and unload them...he thought he needed a share of the profits! I'm sure when Uncle Jeromy finds out, he will pay him accordingly :o)

I also want to wish our niece Hannah a happy third birthday from her cousins Matthew and Jacob, Uncle Jason and Auntie! We love you!♥



6 comments:

Jenni said...

I have to admit - I've already got my fall decorations out and we had taco soup for supper last night. This is my favorite time of the year too. I'd love to decorate outside, but I can just imagine the mess that Buddy Roscoe would make with a pumpkin!

Poor Mattthew, he had one heck of a weekend didn't he?

Heather said...

Your brother had loads of pretty fall decorations! I will have to get some more mums from him this year:o) Nathan loved his cantelope!

Jenni said...

How do you upload more than 5 photos at a time? Cmon- what's your secret . . . you blogging queen??

Nan said...

If there's a secret to uploading more pics at a time, I don't know it. I have always just uploaded five at a time. Since my new camera has more mega pixels than my old one, I can only upload three at a time. My old camera puts the five on there really fast, but when I use my new one, I might as well get ready to be at it a while. I just realized yesterday that I haven't put Jacob's b-day pics on facebook and I know it will take a while...I have to use the simple uploader on there since my pc won't support the other one. Guess I better do that today, or it might not get done!

Jenni said...

I think you misunderstood my question, but I might have figured out the answer myself. After you upload the first five, it must be possible to upload more in the same manner? I've never tried it and just assumed that five was the limit. Honestly, I'd be so much better at blogging if there were a manuel somewhere!

Nan said...

Yes, you just upload five, then do it over again. Sorry, I thought you meant can you upload more than 5 at the SAME TIME, not in the SAME POST. I don't know that there is a limit per post...at least I've not reached it yet.