Sunday, September 13, 2009

Engagement and Louisville Zoo

Yesterday was such an exciting day for our family! First, I'll share the big news...I'm getting a new sister-in-law!!!! Jonathan and Tiffany are engaged and I couldn't be more excited and happy for them! Jonathan was only about 12 when Jason and I first started dating, so I've pretty much seen him grow up. I'm proud of the man he has become and I'm so thankful of the uncle he is to my boys! I'm glad that Tiffany will be my sister-in-law, and an aunt to my little guys! I wish them both all the happiness in the world! (Plus, I'm looking forward to years down the road, when I'll hopefully get some new nephews or nieces to spoil :o) Heehee!) Congrats you guys and we love ya! (Even though Jacob does NOT appear to be happy about the news. Don't get me wrong...he likes Tiffany (even though that's HIS uncle!) but I think his not wanting to discuss the marriage has NOTHING to do with her, but ALL to do with it being a boy/girl relationship thing that he does not want to talk about. Anything that he thinks might be mushy is a no-talk-zone. Matthew could probably care less unless he is able to "train" her to get him what he wants! :o) If you'll remember, his Aunt Christie is one of his most favorite people because he knows she'll get him whatever he wants, when he wants it...it's actually kinda sweet!) By the way, I know Tiffany will be updating her own blog soon, so be sure to check it out! I really hope she shares their proposal story...it is really sweet...Jonathan did a really good job!

Our day actually started out with a trip to the Louisville Zoo. Heather had called me a good while back and asked if the boys and I would like to go to the zoo with her and her boys because it was "Superhero Day". I think it's safe to say the boys had a great time, and I enjoyed it too! It was definitely memorable to say the least. Let's just say, there were some exhibits that we tried to scoot right on past, but my completely innocent remarks kept us laughing! Isn't it funny how you can say something and not mean a thing by it, but it just comes out all wrong? Oh well, all I have to say for Heather to get a laugh is tortoise and goat! Of course there was also the pooping birds, and an elephant that looked like it had the dry heaves...still ain't figured that out. AND, there was a woman that was squatted in the most unnatural position trying to take a picture...surely she didn't realize how she looked! Heather and I didn't even have to look at each other to break out in a laugh. We really did have a good day though. I sure figured out why we never eat in the park though! This was our lunch: hot dog and fries for both boys, cheeseburger and fries for Jason, and a grilled chicken sandwich and fries for me and we all had a drink...it cost over $38.00!!! EEK!

The whole reason of going on this particular day was because the superheroes were going to be there. Wouldn't you know, Jacob wouldn't even go up to see them and have his picture made! He said later that he's just too shy around people he doesn't know. At least he wasn't the only one...there was lots of crying kids! (In his defense, Batman was a little intimidating with his gruff voice.) Trace was completely mesmerized and wanted to stay right there with them the rest of the day! That was definitely the high-light of the trip for Matthew (other than the hot dog)!!! He would reach out his hand to touch the characters...precious! I told myself that I wasn't going to take as many pictures as I usually do, but I still wound up with 70!! I have included several for your viewing enjoyment. If you click on them you can see them better!


One of the tigers...I think this was the only cat in the zoo that wasn't asleep!!

Is that Jason and Jonathan...nah, those are orangutans...but their last name may be Vincent; I see a resemblance :o)

Okay, the penguins are really cute and I love this picture...BUT...it STINKS in there little room!!! Guess it didn't help much that the zoo keeper came in and started feeding them their lunch while we were there...not to mention the birds that kept swooping over our heads and the water that dripped on me making me think I'd been given a present!

The white alligator

This is not a good quality photo, but see how Matthew wanted to touch Superman...Superman had just came over and talked to him and let him hold his hand. Mrs. Incredible was incredibly nice to Matthew.

Here's a wider view with the Trent and Trace included...Heather went for moral support :)

Trent touching a snake...UGH!

The sleeping jaguar.

This photo made me laugh when I looked at it last night! The expressions on my crew's faces are hilarious! They look so happy to be there!

The sleeping snow leopard...It's hind foot was stuck straight up in the air. When we got to the big tiger, it was sleeping the exact same way! We were told that the snow leopard was active at dawn and dusk and napped most of the other time, so I think that might have held true for the other cats as well.

A happy boy after eating his hot dog!

Look, there's Jason...I got confused earlier!

In deep concentration.

The boys loved this sound machine!

Wow, those are some BIG hands!

This little guy was too cute all laid back on that rock!

Taking a break!

Jacob...

I was so proud of Jacob for petting all the HORNED goats! He couldn't take a picture with someone in a costume, but he could walk amongst the creatures with big horns on their heads and pet them...even it he was very careful! My gracious, I turned around and one of them was right behind me...I almost said an ugly word it scared me so bad! I could just envision that fella butting me in the rear!

A sweet picture of my sweet boy!
He loved this old van they had for the kids to climb around in.

ELEPHANTS

Trace took a turn at driving.

Then it was Trent's turn.

Check out this giraffe!

THE LIONS
(This is definitely one that looks better blown up.)

He's so silly!

The new baby bongo.
She was born August 14th.

Matthew and Mom on the carousel

Jacob on the carousel.

The boys had fun playing on the playground after we ate lunch, they all rode the carousel, and the highlight for them all was the gift shop. The trip home was funny too. The three smaller boys all sat in the back of my mom's van....you've never heard as much giggling and squeeling in all your life! They all let out a big holler when we passed by Forks! I'm glad that the boys are all friends and I hope they remain so. It's special to have good friends...especially those that you go to church with.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have literally been laughing out loud. BTW, were they HORNED goats???:o) We had so much fun. I hope we can do more things like that together with the boys. I definitely had lots of laughs (at your choice of words:o)!!

So excited for Jonathan and Tiffany (and you!)

Anonymous said...

What a great zoo trip!!! Love the pics especially the one of your 'outlaws'! :o)

Brooke said...

Looks like so much fun! We are thinking about attempting a zoo trip during fall break if Jeremy is up to it...........we will see.

Congrats on the sis-in-law too! She seems wonderful!!