Saturday, December 4, 2010

KAP Christmas Party

Last night was the annual KAP Christmas party, and as usual, our first of many Christmas gatherings. We were running a few minutes behind, but nothing too bad...until we couldn't find the church. I thought the party was in the same place as we had went for past parties, but when we pulled into the lot, there was no sign for the church, and no cars were there. I knew the reminder notice had listed the address, and I knew we were on the right road. We were just on the wrong end of the road. I pulled out the paper with the address, and while we were in the 1000 block of road numbers, the church was in the 4000 block. It seemed like we drove FOREVER! Apparently, it is the same church that the parties have been held in the past...they have just relocated and built a new church....out in the boonies if I might add. We got there 40 minutes late, and Jason and I were afraid everyone had finished eating. We thought we could just go out to eat, and let Matthew hog out on the huge bowl of macaroni I had brought as my dish, but Jacob REALLY wanted to go on inside. He knew Santa was coming and wanted to see him! So, since there were a couple of other families going in at the same time, we went ahead and give it a shot. It all worked out just fine...they were just starting to eat when we got there and we even still had to wait in line a bit. :) Matthew was so very tired...
It's so funny; I can hardly get Jacob to eat at any other gathering, but he always eats well at the KAP party!
Then it was time for the man of the hour...SANTA CLAUS! I like going to the KAP party because it gives the boys a chance to see Santa, and I don't have to try to work in taking them to the mall. Santa made his round about the room and shook hands with Jacob, and made mention that we were all the way from Brownsville! Santa sure knows his stuff! Santa bent down to see Matthew and Matthew decided to grab a big ole handful of beard...I was mortified! I think Matthew just wanted to know where the presents were!
For a little boy who wanted so desperately to go in to the party so he could see Santa, we practically had to drag Jacob up to him. He's not actually scared of Santa; I think he's more embarrassed than anything. Notice that I put Matthew on the far side...far away from the beard! And Matthew was NOT happy!
Jacob and Daddy looking through the goodie basket with Santa's elf. Jacob was a little disappointed that Rusty didn't come back with Santa this year, but we figure he must have been tied up with some really important work at the North Pole.

Matthew and Kristen, one of the sweet KAP staff members. It is a beyond words feeling to know that Matthew is loved by so many people!!
Kristen volunteered to take a picture of our little family. Take one looks as if Matthew is telling Daddy a secret and Daddy is telling Matthew to look at the camera.
Take Two...I told you Matthew was tired!
Santa saw us taking pictures and snuck up behind us to join in! :) Gotta just love the big man in red!
Again, I can't say enough good about KAP, and it is amazing to see how much the program has grown just since Matthew started participating. The are so many college participants...I think it's WONDERFUL!



2 comments:

Wanda May said...

I so love the pictures...especially where Matthew is whispering and Jason is pointing...love that the Man of the Hour snuck in...Love your hair!!

Heather said...

Sounds like it turned out to be a good night! So glad...'cause don't I remember a not-so-good post about this same dinner last year. Maybe something about spilled macaroni?? Glad you all had a good time:)