I thought that yesterday would be a really hard day...especially since the boys had been out of school for five days, and Jason was off work for four. I must say, I was not real enthused about having to get Jason up at 2:00 in the morning so he could go in to work, but I was pleasantly shocked that Matthew did not even try to get up until about 6:00!!! :) He was NOT happy to pull into the school parking lot, and I couldn't count the number of times he pinched me because he didn't want to get out. BUT...when I picked him up yesterday afternoon, they said he had had a wonderful day! YAY!! Yesterday afternoon, Jason came home from work, showered and changed clothes, and headed straight in to the ambulance service for his scheduled "ride time"....that was scheduled to last until 10:00, but it was much later when he actually got home.
So, I treated the boys to a trip to Munfordville for a bite to eat, and then we looked at Christmas lights and listened to Christmas music on the way home. My dear little Matthew fell asleep early...BIG mistake! He was up around 2:00 a.m. wanting to eat everything in the house. It was a constant fight and battle to keep him out of the kitchen. He finally went back to sleep around 6:30, and then I had to wake him up to get ready for school. I just knew he would have a horrible day today. Not so my friends. I picked him up and his teachers couldn't brag on him enough. They said he had been a perfect little angel, and they meant every word...even said he had a halo. Funny thing was, Matthew was smiling and laughing the entire time they were bragging on him. We went on to speech at WKU, and he was so excited to be there, I thought he was going to pull me down while he was trying to run to the building! We were early...for the first time ever...and he did NOT like having to wait for his speech clinician. (One day a couple of weeks ago, as soon as he walked into the speech room, he went to his schedule and took his favorite activity off of it, and placed it up top in the number one position...he's hilarious!) After speech, Miss Rachel said he did a wonderful job and had a good session. YAY! He was ever so excited to go to KAP, and I love that no one has to walk him to his room any longer. He knows where he's supposed to go, and he heads there straight away without any guidance what so ever. (Sometimes he takes the artwork off the walls as he goes, but it's all good.) Then...I went back to pick him up and I know for a fact there were at least FOUR different people who told me what a great day Matthew had. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!! :))) He's actually been pretty good this evening too, but he went to sleep a smidge early. I'm really hoping Matthew's "angelic side" doesn't disappear in a few hours time!!!
Again, this post is mainly for my own self. I always like to document when Matthew has an exceptional day.....and it may do me good to go back and read this come 2:00 in the a.m. while trying to keep Matthew out of the kitchen! ;)

2 comments:
Love the sweet Angel...
Seems like that is all I post is Me Post...lol
Way to go Matthew!!
Post a Comment