...a certain special fella wrote me a note. In that note, that sweet guy asked me to be his girlfriend, and even included the boxes so I could "Check Yes or No". Guess which box I chose? :) Now it's seventeen years later, that said fella and I have been married for almost fourteen and a half years, have two of the most handsome little boys in the world, and have been through many valleys and over lots mountains together. And ya know what? I love him more today than I did then, and I just love the fact that he still makes me feel all twitterpated! :) Seventeen years ago, I would have to say that I knew I had found my someone special, and I truly know God made us for one another. Has the past seventeen years been all roses and sunshine? Well, you're an idiot if you think so. We can get on each other's nerves faster than almost anyone else; I think that means we're in love. We have been through some trying and sad times, but looking back, I can see where those times have brought us closer together because we had to rely on one another. We have also enjoyed SO many wonderful moments together, and I know I have taken those for granted at times. Jason is my rock. Period. When I begin to feel like I'm losing it, he is there to ground me. When I just need someone to cry on, his shoulder is always handy. When things feel like they are more than I can handle, he assures me it will all be okay; and I believe him. :) I think it's pretty safe to say that I still love my dork. Yep, when I first found out that Jason was interested in me, I thought to myself that he was a dork, and I dismissed the thought of any relationship right away. But, the more I was around him, the more I begin to be interested in him. When I found out that he was of the same faith as I, he scored major points. But, I KNEW he was the right one when we were at a home football game, and he let me borrow his gloves because it was SO cold outside. And, we held hands. 8)
To all those people who thought (or hoped) we wouldn't make it, I say, "na,na,na,na,na,na!!" HA!
Now, switching gears...My sister-in-law and I are planning on having a yard sale tomorrow (Thursday), Friday and Saturday, at Creekside Garden and Nursery. I had hoped to be able to make a little money to put toward Christmas shopping, but after cleaning out my closet, I'm hoping I don't have to buy some things to clothe myself with!! Let's just say there was a much bigger "to sell" pile, than "I can still squeeze myself into" pile! :/ Poor ol' Jacob is having a tougher time than I am..."It'll just be so hard to sell all of this stuff." I assured him there was no use in keeping shoes that he couldn't cram his foot in! ;)

1 comment:
That is so sweet! Loved the post. I saw you setting up this morning and I thought what a great day for a yard sale and a great location. Good Luck!
Post a Comment