Friday, November 19, 2010

Oh Brother!

Last night I began to think about the time of year it was getting to be, and it just seems unreal that Thanksgiving is almost here! Not to mention the fact that Christmas is making it's quick approach, and bringing with it all the fun and festivities...and hustle and bustle! I told someone the other day that it's hard to be able to "just enjoy" this time of year for all the hoop-lah that has to go into it. I mean, there is only so much time to get everything in...and business is booming, which is great, but it takes up a LOT of our time! I will be SO happy to get all of our orders filled and sent out and then it's on to celebrating this special season, and spending time with family and loved ones. I am itching to get out our Christmas decorations, but I will NOT put them up until the house is clean...and for the amount of time I have to actually work here at home, I'm thinking we might not have a Christmas tree this year! ;) I'm sure it will all work out, so I'm trying not to stress about it...no need to add another thing to "that" list!

Tuesday afternoon left me feeling EVER so thankful to have the big brother I do. With it being so rainy and cool out, I decided to keep Matthew home from WKU. After picking him up from school, I was making a bee-line to get Jacob, when my car began to sputter and then die. (I just knew I had at least 20 miles left on that tank!!!) I managed to get off the road, called Mom to pick Jacob up, and then placed the call to my big bro. It's pretty special to just have to pick up the phone, tell him I'm in need, and KNOW he'll be there for me with no questions asked! He was immediately on his way. We may have fought like cats and dogs when we were young, but I sure wouldn't take anything for him now! (Just don't tell him that!) ;) As soon as I got to Mom's, I told Jacob that we should keep my running out of gas episode on a strict "daddy doesn't need to know" basis. That lasted all of 24 hours. Turns out, dear old hubby isn't so much of a "no questions asked" sort of guy. :)

As you can tell by the time of this post...it's 5:27 a.m. as I type...Matthew is up early again. (Mind you, we have been up since about 3:45...who in the world types a blog post this early in the morning?!) He has done really well the last couple of days. He woke up early a few times on both days, but went back to sleep...ah, it was GREAT! You just don't realize how much you miss a good night's sleep until you don't have one...for years! Can the boy just not see how much better he's felt the last couple of days?! ;)

Happy Friday!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm telling ya, I'm going to do the same thing sometime. Nathan's been telling me for years that I was going to run out of gas one day and he always says "Don't call me 'cause I've told you not to run it that close." Trust me, he would be FULL of questions:)

Erica Simpson said...

I guess I am totally goofy! Had no idea you had a blog! I always look on the other blog! :) Bless your heart!