Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween 2010

We love it when trick-or-treating falls on the weekend, so that we aren't so rushed! Pretty soon after Jason got home from class on Saturday, the boys donned their costumes and we headed out to see how much candy we could collect! ;) We started out around our neck of the woods, calling upon our neighbors and kin to supply our kiddos (and me) with enough candy to last until this time next year. (Sad to say, all the Snickers were gone in about a night.) When we finished over here, we headed over to Creekside for our annual Halloween party/bonfire/hayride. There was SO much yummy food, and we all enjoyed just sitting around the fire chatting. Then we all piled onto the trailer and headed out over the fields and through the woods. I honestly believe we couldn't have fit one more body on the trailer, even though we did have a passerby stop and ask if he and his passengers could ride. This is something we look so forward to every year!! We love it!! Here are some pictures from Saturday night...
We figured out why Matthew is a skeleton...note the "bullet hole" in the heart area...must've been how he left his first life. I knew those foam bones wouldn't hold up to the teeth of steel. ;)
This is just too cute for words.
Jacob...aka Wizard, Warlock, Sorcerer. He was called all of these through the night (as well as "witch" from our neighbor, which didn't go over well at all. :)
My sweet wizard with his new trick-or-treat bag...he was ready to fill it up!
Someone looks real happy to be going trick-or-treating!
♥Andrew and Ashlee♥
I promise, Andrew was NOT stoned. ;)
Our little family
Matthew enjoying his fourth hot dog. Yep, he ate four hot dogs, a pimento cheese sandwich, crackers, and candy; and he still wanted more. I was beginning to think he might really be hollow. :)
Roasting mallows!
(Note the spot of green hair coloring that is on his scalp from the fall festival...it took three scrubbings to finally get it all off! He even still had a little spot of it when we went to church on Sunday...it set his suit off perfectly!)
Sweet little Kaylee and Leslie
One full trailer load of folks! :)
On Sunday, which was actually Halloween, we had our 100th year service at our church. There was a really big crowd, and we were all tickled to have Grandpa, Grandma, and Grandmama come share the day with us. After service, we had lunch that all the ladies of Stockholm worked so hard to coordinate and provide. It was definitely yummy! We also had service after lunch and we made it home around 4:00 that afternoon. We finished up the evening by carving our jack-o-lantern, which I let Jacob draw the face for himself. I just did the cutting, and of course the scooping of the pumpkin goop. He was NOT getting his hands in that mess, and although Matthew would have loved it, we ended up carving the pumpkin in the living room and I didn't want that mess to have to clean up!

On Monday, I hosted a Frugal Friends class. It was SO informative, and I was very excited to learn as many tips as possible so I could save our family tons of money! The Frugal Friends are a couple of my friends from school, who teach you how to use store sales, coupons, store rewards, rebates, etc., to essentially get a lot of items for either free or close to it. It was a great class, and those in attendance were all eager to start saving!

Tuesday was election day, and we were beyond thrilled to have a no-school day!! The boys and I stuck around home that morning and left in time for me to go vote prior to taking Matthew to WKU. Apparently, I should have warranted a smidge more time, since we ended up being about 10 minutes late. Now I guess all-in-all it doesn't really matter, but I'm trying to figure out why in the world we have a bubble-in-the-box paper voting ballot. It was always so much quicker to go in, punch, punch, punch the little buttons beside Joe Cool's name, hit the big VOTE button and be done. Nope, not anymore. I'm still wondering how in the sam hill that scanner knows how to tally the votes...especially with the 546 write-in candidates we had this time. And, the only thing I will say about that is, what is the purpose of the primary election, if anybody and their brother can enter their name as a write-in during the general election? Moving on...I was beyond excited to try out my new found frugality, so Jacob and I headed to Walgreens after dropping Bubba off at KAP. I got a 42 count box of Prilosec, two Dawn dish liquids, Crest toothpaste, two Head and Shoulders shampoos, liquid Tide, and a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and ended up paying about $28 for it all, which is what I would almost have paid for the Prilosec alone!!! Through sales, coupons and register rewards, I saved $31!!! Yay me!! ;)

The rest of the week has just been busy, busy, busy, as Mom and I are trying to catch up on all of our orders and get them all delivered. We set our deadline for taking orders, so that once we finish them, we can enjoy our holiday time!! I can honestly say, I am REALLY looking forward to Thanksgiving!!!



2 comments:

Brooke said...

Love the Halloween pics. You sure had two cute spooks!

I REALLY wanted to come to the Frugal Friends class. Grr! Maybe one day I will actually make it to one! Thanks for the invite though!

April said...

Your pictures were great!! Looks like you had a great time. I think I need the frugal friends, too, I'm so bad at coupon clipping. Organization is the key I'm sure.. Maybe someday. I can't believe Thanksgiving is right upon us. Crazy!