We have sure been enjoying our Christmas break, but it's hard to believe one week is half way over, and Christmas is practically only two days away!! The boys and I have been trying to enjoy every single moment. I love being home with them, and not having to get out...we love staying in our p.j.'s all day long, watching movies, reading books, and of course eating! The house is almost as clean as it's gonna get prior to Christmas, and other than a LOT of wrapping, I'm feeling pretty well prepared at this point in time. Monday the boys and I stayed home during the day...then when Jason got home, I headed out to BG to "try" to finish up my shopping. I met up with Mom, who had been in town practically all day, and we went from Walmart to Gander Mtn. Let me just say, traffic was horrendous! I know it took us at least 30 minutes to make that short drive, if not longer. I got home around midnight or a little after, and still like a couple of gift cards, but thankfully Jason is off tomorrow and is going to pick those up for me. I have not begun to wrap anything, but I know most people will be getting bags and tissue paper...maybe next year I will have time for wrapping the packages I have envisioned! ;) OR...if shopping is anything like this year, there may be a lot of small envelopes with gift cards under our tree!
Yesterday, the boys and I spent the entire day at home, and we just loved every minute of it!! The morning started off with Matthew in the BEST mood! It was early in the morning and I had changed him. I then just started talking to him about Christmas and told him Santa was coming in just three nights. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, and he said, "The Rock". :) I asked him what Santa says and he said, "Just bring it." (Which if you follow wrestling, you would know that that is what the Rock says." I said, "No silly, what does Santa say". Matthew just giggled, as if he knew he had said the wrong thing on purpose. Then he put his hands on his belly like Santa does. :o) We laughed and I said "Hohoho" and Matthew finally did as well. I told and signed to Matthew that we were going to leave cookies and milk for Santa, and then got him to sign and say "cookies" and "milk". He then pointed to the television and signed "wrestling" to let me know he wanted to watch one of his wrestling dvds. I even got him to sign "yes" when asking if he wanted to watch a video. All this was done in amongst the best and sweetest hugs and kisses, and while Matthew was making almost continuous eye contact. We just had the sweetest conversation for about 15 minutes. As I said on my facebook status...the best gifts do not come wrapped under a tree, but can be as simple as a sweet conversation with a special little boy about all the things that make him smile! What a great gift. Of course, today I've been almost certain I could see horns beginning to show on his head! :)
After supper and baths, Jacob and I set into some holiday goodie making/baking. Mom and I used to make lots of different kinds of candy each Christmas, but we haven't been able to the last couple of years. I still think it's just more fun to bake around the holidays. First Jacob and I tackled the cookies...gingerbread and sugar. I'm usually really bad and get the ready to bake cookie dough, but this year I felt a little more adventurous and bought little tubs of both kinds. Jacob and started out cutting the cookies and then we made the rest in little round cookies. Jacob was very excited when I broke out the rolling pin! 
Haha, I caught him having fun playing in the flour in between batches.
Working hard on Santa's cookies.
Jacob with all the finished cookies.
Can you tell I may be a little TOO into monogramming?! Special cookies for Santa!
My sweet Jacob
Jacob and my little gingerbread tree in the kitchen.
Last night, we also made YUMMY Oreo balls. They are so simple, but oh so good! I also "constructed" our gingerbread house, and left it to dry good overnight. This morning, Jacob and I added the decorative touches. (I might say, I did not like this kits icing as well as I did the one last year...it took longer to firm up, and didn't hold well.)
I still thought it turned out cute, Jacob enjoyed making it, and Matthew enjoyed snacking on the left over candy!

2 comments:
I want some of those cookies! )
I love the gingerbread house!!
Post a Comment