Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our White Christmas 2010

This was the first Christmas morning that I haven't had to wake Jacob up! On Christmas Eve night, we all slept in mine and Jason's bed so that we didn't have to worry about Matthew getting up and into the gifts before anyone else knew about it! Matthew was already awake, and a few minutes before my alarm went off at 4:00, Jacob roused around, sat up and looked at me with the cutest little grin. I told them that I would run and see if Santa had stopped by, and sure enough, he had! Jacob made it to the living room ahead of me, and came running back to report that Santa had ate ALL of his cookies and had drank ALL of his milk! Matthew made a beeline for his stocking and grabbed the wrestling magazine that was sticking out the top. :) Then it was all on for the presents!! I LOVE to see how excited the boys get when they open their gifts Our tree after Santa came. I have LOVED our tree this year...it has a combo of all types of ornaments, and is so bright, cheery and FUN! Our stockings...
A closer view of the tree...
Santa even filled stockings for Buster and Toby.
Our tree...
I love the boys' first stockings and can't resist hanging them out to be seen. :)
Opening gifts! I have so many shots of Jacob's great expressions...they are priceless!! Here he is opening his How To Train Your Dragon DVD.
Matthew got two seasons of Good Times!
Another great expression after opening the Dragonoid Collosus Backugan!
Oh my goodness...I think I see my Paper Jamz drum set under there!
Matthew got the Rock for Christmas...just what he wanted Santa to bring him!
I think he thought he opened one of Bubba's gifts. Jacob put this on his list and has played with it so much already.
Matthew got a WWE Encyclopedia. It is a really nice hardback book, and it has every wrestler imaginable in it. He loves it!
Looking through his book...
Oh YEAH...Paper Jamz Drum Set...
Whoo-hooo...
Once the boys finished, Jason and I opened our gifts...Jacob wrote the name tag and a little note on the package!♥
Daddy was a little excited to get a new set of clippers...
I LOVE this picture of Matthew digging in his stocking!
After opening gifts at home, we headed over to Mom and Dad's to open their gifts to us. Matthew couldn't wait to take his coat off!
Jacob opening gifts at Grandma and Grandpa's on Christmas morning.
Once we had completely trashed Grandma and Grandpa's living room, we headed straight on up to Mamaw Skaggs' house. As has been the tradition since before I was born, we gather at Mamaw's early on Christmas morning for gifts and presents! When I was little, we were always at Papaw and Mamaw's by 6:00, we opened gifts first and then we ate a big breakfast. Since more and more people have been added to the family, we don't get there quite as early; my family usually gets there at 7:00, we eat first and then open presents. I know that some people think what we do is crazy, but to all those in our family, it is our tradition...and the holidays just aren't special without traditions....WE LOVE IT! Matthew thinks it's time to "open" presents now!
Jacob opening gifts at Mamaw Skaggs'.
The girls modeling their scarves I monogrammed for them...
Michael had just told Jason, "Wake up Sleeping Beauty"! Absolutely HILARIOUS!!!
This was the view out of Mamaw's back door on Christmas day...
We had the hard job of telling Jacob that his dog Buster, passed away on Christmas Day. There were tears and sadness, and I'm not sure who took it the hardest; Jacob, Mommy or Daddy.

I am including the link to my facebook photo album that has even more pictures than I could post on here. You do not have to have a facebook account to view the pictures...simply click on the link.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2077758&id=1011811936&l=a42e6f258d

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your pictures are great! The boys are definitely up for a jam session but Nathan might have to join in too:)