As has been my tradition the last couple of years, I will make my last post of 2010, one of reminiscing over the events of the past year. As I think back, I again am reminded of how time passes so quickly, and how one year can change so many things.
JANUARY...
...held several snowy days and Jacob loved playing outside.
Jacob also won his very first class election as President! :) This is also the month that Creekside Creations was launched! What an exciting adventure it has been, and I am looking forward to lots of NEW creations in the coming year!! We have had so many wonderful supporters and are thankful for them all!
FEBRUARY...
...brought a few more snow days, and of course the day of LOVE...Valentine's Day. Then, my sweet Matthew turned 12-YEARS OLD!!!
WOW...in less than two months we will officially have a teenager in the house!
MARCH...
...was the month that the doors to Creekside Garden and Nursery opened for business!! Creekside G & N is my brother's dream, but I love that we all have pitched in to help make it a reality!! We have sure enjoyed a lot of days there over 2010, and I am excited about what 2011 holds in store! We have already constructed a second and BIGGER greenhouse, and will be offering an even wider variety of plants this coming year! I loved helping out up there, and can't wait to get started again! Plants will start arriving very soon! March was also the month that I sewed my very first item...a pillowcase dress. Of course, it was my very last item as well, but I have become quite the whiz on the embroidery machine! :) "March Madness" ensued and Jacob played in his class tournament at school, and he also had his very first baseball practice of being in the pitching machine league...he's growing up too fast!
APRIL...
...began with Easter!
The kids enjoyed parties at school, dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's, and of course our annual egg hunt! We also had Spring Break, and even though we didn't go on a trip, we had a lot of fun together. Matthew also saw a lot of sickness and ended up having the see the ENT specialist, but we were very glad that he didn't have to have tubes.
MAY...
...was when Ashlee had her junior prom, and she was of course GORGEOUS! I also found myself helping out at Creekside G & N quite a bit prior to Mother's Day, which we found to be a very busy time for sure...I'm already looking forward to it this year! :) I celebrated Mother's Day with two of the most precious boys on the planet, as well as my 32nd birthday. The last days of school approached, and Jacob enjoyed Field Day, his field trip, and winning his own little laptop from school! We were also happy to celebrate the last day of school being this month!
JUNE...
....was when we started summer break off with a bang and had a picnic at the park, a visit to the movies, and a "Camp In" all in one week! Jason and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary! We had fun planting mums, Jacob ended his baseball season, and Matthew began summer sessions at KAP. We also added our furry new addition to our family...Toby! He has grown SO much over the past few months and has become a beloved member of our family...especially to one certain little boy! We also celebrated Father's Day, and then there was another addition to the family...Aunt Tiffany. Jacob made his debut as ring bearer and did a marvelous job! :)
JULY......started off with with a rare moment of Jason and I getting to go to a movie alone...of course the only movie that I would care about going to see without the kiddos was Eclipse! :) We had a BLAST for the fourth of July, and enjoyed spending time with family and friends.
The rest of our summer break was filled with simplicity...swimming, boating, and just staying at home.
AUGUST...
...came around with us deciding that we needed just one more day out on the boat, and then it was the first day of school...Matthew stayed with Ms. Barbara, and Jacob jumped to the "big hall" as he started third grade!
Not to mention that Ashlee began her last year of high school as Michael started his first. This was also the month that we learned Mom did indeed have melanoma. It was a very trying time, but we are thankful that she is doing so well, and her scalp has healed so nicely. Her hair has grown back so well, and she is feeling good. Jason began his EMT class this month and we held hopes of some positive changes for our family's future. On the 25th, my Jacob Nathaniel turned 8-YEARS-OLD!
Each year I can hardly believe how big my boys are getting. It surely seems like Jacob should still be toddling around with a "papi" in his mouth and one in each hand! The very next day, Ashlee turned 17...talk about making an aunt feel old.

Not to mention that Ashlee began her last year of high school as Michael started his first. This was also the month that we learned Mom did indeed have melanoma. It was a very trying time, but we are thankful that she is doing so well, and her scalp has healed so nicely. Her hair has grown back so well, and she is feeling good. Jason began his EMT class this month and we held hopes of some positive changes for our family's future. On the 25th, my Jacob Nathaniel turned 8-YEARS-OLD! SEPTEMBER...
...was loads of fun with Labor Day cookouts, Camp Kyrock, and LOTS of pumpkins, gourds, and mums! Let's not forget all the allergies that come along with the change of seasons. 
OCTOBER...
...is always a busy month! First was the start to Fall Break for the boys, and of course there was Jason and Jeromy's 35th birthdays!! We made an impromptu trip to the Louisville Zoo that was tons of fun, celebrated Grandpa and Grandma's birthdays, and took the boys on their very first train ride at New Haven.
We also held a special service at our church in honor of its 100th year. Of course we ended the month with Halloween and our annual bon fire/hayride!
NOVEMBER...
We also held a special service at our church in honor of its 100th year. Of course we ended the month with Halloween and our annual bon fire/hayride!
NOVEMBER......brought about the Veteran's Day assembly at school, as well as Jacob's debut as an artist with his third place win in the art show. We counted our many blessings and enjoyed Thanksgiving with our family, and Jacob got the joy of riding along on the firetruck with his daddy in the Christmas parade again this year.
DECEMBER...
...is always full of fun! with so many Christmas festivities, it is a very busy month, but one we LOVE!
We saw several days of snow, Michael turned 15 (WOW!), and we made our rounds to several Christmas get-togethers. AND...just last night, Jason passed his EMT skills test and is SO close to becoming a certified EMT! Once his info is entered into the system, he will be able to sign up to take the National Registry test, which is "THE" test he has to pass in order to become certified. It will probably take at least two weeks for the info to be processed, so the test is still a few weeks off, but I am so proud of Jason for completing the class and tests thus far. There have been a lot of long nights and sacrifice on his part...take not getting in until 11:00 p.m. and then having to get up at 3:30 a.m., and that can definitely take its toll! But...now the trips to BG are over, and he will be studying hard until test time!! :)
We saw several days of snow, Michael turned 15 (WOW!), and we made our rounds to several Christmas get-togethers. AND...just last night, Jason passed his EMT skills test and is SO close to becoming a certified EMT! Once his info is entered into the system, he will be able to sign up to take the National Registry test, which is "THE" test he has to pass in order to become certified. It will probably take at least two weeks for the info to be processed, so the test is still a few weeks off, but I am so proud of Jason for completing the class and tests thus far. There have been a lot of long nights and sacrifice on his part...take not getting in until 11:00 p.m. and then having to get up at 3:30 a.m., and that can definitely take its toll! But...now the trips to BG are over, and he will be studying hard until test time!! :)It honestly seems like a couple of months ago that I was making last year's post...not an entire year ago. I am thankful for every day that I am blessed to enjoy with all the people that I love. Wishing you all a wonderful New Year full of blessings from our home to yours!!!

3 comments:
Such a great post! I would love to do this too, but don't know if I can document the year as well as you did! Happy New Year from one Vincent home to another!
Love your year rewind! What's funny is as I was reading that...I remember most of it happening! Happy New Year!
Wow, I can't believe you remembered all that!! That's great! Awesome post. I haven't even posted my Christmas pics...
Post a Comment