With all rights, I have a couple of things that have made me proud this week!! For starters, I couldn't be more proud of my niece, Ashlee! She took a stand for her brother, and spoke up for him in his behalf and I am so thankful that she had the heart and the courage to do just that. I just want her to know that I love her beyond words and am truly grateful to be the aunt of such a remarkable young lady. Those two kiddos are as close to me as any two could be, to not be my very own. We have always been so close, and for anyone who knows me personally, you surely know just how much I adore them. Ashlee is just, well there aren't any words to really describe what she means to me. Michael holds a part of my heart all of his own. He is precious beyond words, and just truly makes me smile whenever he's around. He has been very sick, and I am so glad he is feeling better! Back to the moral of the story...being the mom (and aunt) of a child with autism makes me appreciate even more when someone stands up for those precious individuals, and it is my hope that Jacob and Ashlee will always be proud to stand up for their brothers!! I am also proud that Jacob has already taken up for another student at his school, who is just an acquaintance. He said that one of his classmates was snickering because of this student with special needs and he told him not to laugh, and tried to explain why the child was the way he was in his own little way. Yes, I was very proud! It makes my heart happy to know that instead of being one of the ones on the laughing end, he is the one sticking up for those that need a friend in that moment!
Also...I am super-proud of my husband! He sent me a text from class earlier and said that he had a letter on his desk when he got there tonight that said he had successfully completed his EMT course!! :) He isn't quite finished yet, but he's getting so close!! He has his skills testing next week, which is a six-station hands-on test, and then sometime after the first of the year, he will get to apply to take the National Registry exam...which is the big-daddy test that will allow him to become a certified EMT. I know he can do it!!! It has been a lot of hard work and LONG days, but he has took it like a real trooper, and has come out of the class with about a 92 average! Yes, I am all about being PROUD tonight!! :)

2 comments:
Natalie,
I am super proud of your family for the strength that you all show in dealing and living with children with special needs. You all have made me and others appreciate what we have more and more each day. I only hope that I can help you and your family when ever you may need it. Love you guys very much.
Well you have every right to be proud in all situations mentioned:) Ashlee seems like a very sweet person, just from what I've been around! AND, big congrats to Jason!!
Post a Comment