Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Slippin' and a Slidin'...

Sittin' and a Sippin...

That was the theme for my boys yesterday! We made a quick trip to B-ville yesterday morning so I could run through the bank drive-thru and post office, and then we stopped by my parents' house for a little visit and so Jacob could play with Ellie, my niece's dog that mom is watching while they are on the beach...in Florida...without me... :( Oh, but back to my story...now remember, I said this was a quick run to B-ville, with no getting out, except to visit with mom and dad, so Jacob still has on his pj's and yes...his shirt is on wrong side out!! While we were at Mom's she went out to plant a few flowers and when I went out to look at them, Jacob was soaked! She had sprayed him with the water hose...because it was SO hot...and he needed cooling off. Then she mentioned a slip 'n slide that she had bought a couple of years ago that we had never used, so I set it up and the boys had a blast!!!! Matthew had every bit as much fun as Jacob and I thought these pictures were adorable!! Hope you agree! I LOVE summer fun!!!

Slippin'
Slidin'
Standin'
ooo, that's a little chilly...
I like it!
Silly brothers =)
Matthew pushed Jacob out of the pool part a few times...looks like this could be one of them!
Splashin'
Sittin'
Look at that smile!
Precious face...
Whoo-Hoo!!!!
Matthew kept sippin' water out of the sprinklers, but I couldn't catch him...mom finally did, but the picture is on her camera :o)
So happy!!
Lovin' it!!!
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!
Matthew is doing the sign for water!!!
How sweet and special!!!
(I didn't snap at the right time to catch his hand in the 'proper' position, but you can see the three fingers for the 'w'!!!!!!)
The boys and I have definitely been enjoying our first few days out of school!! We have enjoyed sleeping in, playing around the house, visiting some, and we've made snow cones several times already! Oh, let me throw in right here that I've managed to lose 3.8 pounds since last Thursday!! I think it's a lack of soft drinks in the house, but hey...it's working!!! We are looking forward to tomorrow because the boys and I and some of our friends are going to Holiday World!! Jacob is so excited and Matthew will enjoy it too...(you know...they have FREE UNLIMITED soft drinks!!!)

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Looks like fun! You should have joined them:) I'm sure they would have been more than happy to get mom wet!

Brooke said...

We have one of those too and it is a blast!!!! So glad both boys had a good time! I love the pictures! Congrats on the weight loss girl! I am jealous!

Heather said...

Looks like LOTS of fun! Maybe I should've just got ours out, instead of how we chose to get wet. While you were watching your boys splash on the slip and slide....I was filling up 250 water balloons! Yes, it was a package of 250 and every balloon is now busted in our yard. The Coy boys were here to help in the water fun though. By the way, I will have them here again tomorrow (Thursday), so bring Jacob and Matthew and let them play if want.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! I kinda wondered why Jacob looked like he was in pj's! ha ha So proud of Matthew!!!

Shela said...

I love your blog paper,,,you are sooo creative,,,where do you find the time??? The boys look like they are having a find time!!!! AND,,,,it's not even hot summer time yet!