Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jacob Goes to the Major League...

...sort of ;o) Jason and Uncle (Jonathan) took Jacob to Cincinnati to watch the Reds play the Chicago Cubs! Both Jason and Jonathan are Cubs fans, but Jacob said he wasn't cheering for them...he wanted to cheer for the Reds! He wanted to wear a red and white shirt and Daddy bought him a Reds ball cap when they got to the stadium. He is a little reluctant to talk about the game this morning because his team lost :o( He said he didn't have a good time, but I know he really did...he's just does not like to lose. Before he left the house he said, "I can't believe it. My first real ball game ever. All I've ever done is watch it on tv!" I think all the boy wanted to do was eat...he definitely has gotten his appetite back. He had two hot dogs, a bag of chips, half of a pretzel, a snow cone and a frozen lemonade!!! (I guess that made up for eating next to nothing all day on Thursday while we were gone to Holiday World.) I sent along my camera and they took some good pictures so I could share them. I'm sure Jacob enjoyed the ballpark, but he probably enjoyed being with Daddy and Uncle as much as anything. :o)

Jacob at the Great American Ball Park.

Inside the stadium, sporting his new cap.

Cubbies during warm-up.

It's Lou Piniella, head coach for the Cubs!

Jacob and Daddy in the stadium

Jacob and Daddy
(Either Uncle sees something really good in the magazine or he's got brain freeze!)

That's a neat shot.

Jacob with home plate in the background.

On the ride home...with his bear from Holiday World :o)



5 comments:

Tiffany Vincent said...

What was Jonathan doing anyway??? Weirdo! ha! I'm so glad Jacob had fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like Jacob had a BLAST even if his team did lose.

Heather said...

Jason had already been by here today and told us that Jacob enjoyed eating more than watching the game. I'm glad everyone had fun!!

Wanda May said...

Lucky Jacob. So glad he got to go

Shela said...

You go Jacob!!!! I LOVE those pictures,,,,so glad they took the camera,,,,,Jacob will never foeget his first game,,,yeah,,,JACOB!!!