Friday, June 19, 2009

"I Survived!" ;p

I did it!! I made it through the entire performance without keeling over!! I was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof the entire time, and my voice was a bit shaky, but I survived and it's OVER!! Yippee!! I'm so glad that's behind me, and now I can concentrate on getting things ready for VACATION!!! We are all so super-psyched!! I know, I know, it's just the Smokies, BUT, we are not privileged to go on vacation every year, and with this year's events, the Smokies is the best we can do! Even though Jacob has never been anywhere other than the Smokies, he is so excited!! I only have the vacation counter at the top of my page so that you all will know when we're leaving...Jacob is my own personal count down clock!! The very first thing that he wants to do...play a game of pool and then get in the hot tub!! Of course, he's also pumped about the go-carts, Dixie Stampede, mini golf and the Ripley's Aquarium!! (Me too!!) Matthew is pretty good to just go with the flow...make sure he has snacks and a full cup and it's all good! His favorite part of vacation...bouncing and flopping on the beds!! Jason and I are just looking so forward to chilling with our boys! I love doing things that the kids like, but I that happens to be most of the things I like too! We are planning at least one drive through Cades Cove, and if we don't see a bear on the first go-around, we are going to try to go again for another shot! I have never seen a bear in the times that I've been to the Smokies, so I'm hoping this is the year! I also think I'll wait for the guys to fall asleep and then spend as much time in the jacuzzi as there is hot water!!! Aahh, I feel so relaxed just thinking about it!

Jacob's little ball team made it through another round of the tournament last night! They played so well, and Jacob is SOOO excited...he made his first double play ever!! He caught a fly ball and tagged one of the little base runners! We are now in third place out of seven teams, and that is GREAT!! We play again tonight for second place. I am so proud of my little *All Star*! But...this is his last year in t-ball!! He moves up to the pitching machine league next year!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Glad you guys won the game. Good luck in your next one.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe trip!!! We haven't been on a vacation since.............gee..........I don't remember the last one! Enjoy it and take plenty of pics for us at home!!

Jenni said...

"just the Smokies?" Gosh, anywhere outside of BG that involves packing a suitcase is definately a vacation in my book:)
I bet Jacob will be so tired after a day on the go that he'll go to bed early and you'll have that hot tub all to yourself. I love taking family vacations, but it's always nice to have some peace and quiet and time to be alone (I know you don't get much of that!)

Glad to hear you survived the singing. You are BRAVE!

Heather said...

I totally agree with Jenni! Anywhere that requires hotel reservations and a suitcase is worth getting excited over. Last year, we went to Nashville for a few days and I was excited over that. You will have a blast! Just a little tip, go to Cades Cove in the EARLY morning or LATE evening for better chances of seeing a bear! We seen one the last time we went but that was the first one we'd ever seen and it was right before dark.

Kristin said...

You can never go with the Smokies. It is such a fun family oriented place, we would go ever year of we could.
I doubt if you see any bears unless it is in the creek...can you imagine how hot it is with all that fur!!!