Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy Day

This has been such a busy day! Matthew started back to KAP today and had to be there at 9:00 in the morning. That means I have to leave the house by 8:00, and I wasn't wanting to move that early! We made it to KAP and Matthew seemed to have a great time. He was smiling when we got there, (after he realized he wasn't getting to stop at Mamaw Shela's, Grandma's or Mamaw Skaggs'!) and he was smiling when I picked him up! I have some rather exciting news about KAP that I'm going to share on my other blog, so be sure to check that out too!

I picked Matthew up a little early and we headed to the hospital where Mamaw Shela was having a heart cath (dye test) done today. It was scheduled to start at noon, so I took Matthew's lunch, put him in his stroller and headed for the waiting room. I had anticipated feeding him while she was having the procedure, hearing from the results and heading on back in....WRONG!! They were running WAY late and we ended up staying at the hospital for a little over 3 hours!! Let me brag on Matthew right here and say that he was AWESOME the entire time!! When the nurse came out to get what she thought would only be Jonathan, she said we could all go back and see her and I said that we would just wait. She really seemed to want Matthew to go back, so we gave it a shot. Again, let me say that Matthew was AWESOME!!! Other than him wanting me to get him out of the stroller so he could get in the bed with Mamaw, he was excellent! Let's not mention me speckling his head, leg and stroller with the foaming hand sanitizer!

We went ahead and left since Mamaw was snoring sleeping peacefully. :o) (Let me just add right here that there were no blockages found....she will probably be updating her blog in a few days, so keep an eye out there for more details.) We picked Jacob up at my Mom's, but not before Matthew had to have his bologna fix! Jacob also had a t-ball game tonight and we lucked out with the late game :o( Our boys tend to play worse the later it is, but we won the game. It was our first game in the tournament, so just a few games of t-ball left for my baby...this is his last year for t-ball...he moves up to the pitching machine league next year! Oh well, after the game, we had to head to Chalybeate to make some deliveries and had to visit Old MacDonald in Smiths Grove :o) (I did not have time to cook today if you can't tell!) Now all of my boys are asleep and that's looking pretty good to me about right now...I hope I can make the other post...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEW!! I am tired, tired, tired, just reading about your busy day yesterday! Don't know how you do it. YAY for Jacob's team! Glad everything is well with Shela.

Kristin said...

Yipee for a normal heart cath!!! I am going to tell her it is about time to have something normal.

Slow down...it is summertime!!!
hahaha