We are pondering a trip for a few days this summer, and I'd like to ask for your suggestions. We are thinking about going on a beach trip, and are considering Gulf Shores or Destin. We're leaning a little more toward Gulf Shores at the moment. Jacob has wanted to go to the beach for the longest time and I'm trying to put back some money so that we could spend a couple of nights somewhere. The only thing with a beach trip is that we would need to stay in a hotel with beach access so that we wouldn't have to walk very far with Matthew. We could put him in his stroller to get him there, but most of you know how difficult it is to push anything with wheels through the sand. I have been online looking at some places, but thought that you all might have some thoughts or ideas that you could share. We don't want to spend a fortune, because quite frankly we don't have it, but we do want it to be CLEAN!!! (I get a little compulsive over that!) If you know of any other beach destinations that you like, please feel free to pass that on too!! We do not have any plans made yet, so we want to ponder all the possibilities. The only beach I have ever been to is Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, and I've been there twice...LOVE IT!! The last time we went was when Matthew was a little over two and just beginning to take a few steps. As long as the destination we end up in has a Cracker Barrel, Matthew will be happy!!
Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Other beaches?
3 comments:
I know people who have been to both places and absolutely loved them both!
We go to Ormand Beach, just north of Destin. My father-in-law's girlfriend has a condo there (nothing could be cleaner!). It is the one advertised each week in the Gimlet. It is a beautiful beach and is not crowded at all. To get to the beach you just cross the road and you are there. She is in Florida right now, but you could call and leave a message and she will get back with you soon if you are interested. Good luck!
We are actually going to try to go to Gulf Shores this time. We have talked about it before, but we always ended up in Florida because we were more familiar with it. I have heard so many people talk about how much they love Gulf Shores and how family oriented it is so we're trying it. I like that it's a little closer in distance too. I have booked a condo right on the beach. I actually found that the gulf front condos were cheaper than the gulf front hotels (the ones that looked clean, anyways.) I don't know anything about the place we're staying other than the pictures on the website. So I hope it's clean! I have some info/books on Gulf Shores if you want them.
Post a Comment