Tuesday, April 28, 2009

*Update and Sales Pitch*

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jacob is doing better! He went back to school for the first time today and did fine, and he even played t-ball tonight. I was a bit leery of letting him play, but he said he was fine, and I asked him continually if he was okay.

He was still having some issues with diarrhea Saturday and Sunday, so I kept him home yesterday per doctor's instruction. He did fine yesterday, so he was able to go to school today. We visited with Grandma and Grandpa yesterday. We played a lot of Wii (DUH!!!...it just now dawned on me why my back is sore!!!!!!!!!!) and Jacob said it looked like a beautiful day to have a picnic. I fixed his toast, applesauce and banana, and out we set to the backyard with quilt in tow. He was right; it was a lovely day for a picnic. I took pictures, but they are on Mom's camera, so I may post them later. I still think Jacob looks awfully peaked and pale. Tiffany and I think he could easily pass for a Baby Brother Cullen♥ He goes back to the doctor on Friday for a follow-up, so if he still looks bad, I may see if she wants to do a few more labs...not that I want them to stick him AGAIN, but I want to make sure all is back to normal. If it does nothing more than ease my mind, it will be worth it.

***Here's the sales pitch***
My brother has vegetable plants and some flowers for sale at my grandmother's house in Chalybeate about six houses away from Whittle's. Plants for sale include: tomato and pepper varieties, cabbage, cucumber, squash, cauliflower, watermelon, geraniums and petunias. He will have more flowers soon. There will be hanging pots available for purchase, and when they are ready, I plan to post some photos. They should be ready for Mother's Day and I will update to let you know for sure. He has wonderful prices and they are really nice plants!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Whew, Glad Jacob is all better. I don't blame you for checking EVERYTHING out though. I'd be the same way. Trent has had the bathroom issues on and off since Sunday but no other symptoms other than a cough. I bought some petunias a week ago and I am already not sure if they are going to make it. All the blooms have already fell off, but Dad says that's normal and they'll grow back. I hope so!! If these seem to make it maybe I can get some from Jeremy. I got some mums from him last fall and those were really pretty!

Kristin said...

It's wonderful news that Jacob is feeling better!
What are the operating hours of the greenhouse? I may have to check it out before Mother's Day!!

Nan said...

Someone is usually there from 7-ish in the morning until dark. They even put a money box out on Sundays and people pay on their own. Maybe since it's Sunday people are more honest :)

When the hanging baskets are ready, I'm definitely going to take some pictures and post them!

Brooke said...

Glad Jacob is better! I may have to stop and get some flowers from your brother!! I REALLY miss my mom having a greenhouse!!!