T-Ball season is officially underway!!
Jacob had his first game this morning at 9:00. The weather was wonderful...started out a little chilly, but by game's end, it had warmed up considerably! The boys had a blast and played a good game. Jacob had some really good hits and played a very good defensive game. The main thing is that he had fun, but he has learned so much about the game from two years ago, and has become a good little athlete. His team won the game, but we try to stress the importance of having fun instead of winning. The other team had some of the cutest little players and I enjoy cheering for them as well. There are usually kids of people I know on the other teams and it's always fun to visit with them at the ballpark.
Jacob had his first game this morning at 9:00. The weather was wonderful...started out a little chilly, but by game's end, it had warmed up considerably! The boys had a blast and played a good game. Jacob had some really good hits and played a very good defensive game. The main thing is that he had fun, but he has learned so much about the game from two years ago, and has become a good little athlete. His team won the game, but we try to stress the importance of having fun instead of winning. The other team had some of the cutest little players and I enjoy cheering for them as well. There are usually kids of people I know on the other teams and it's always fun to visit with them at the ballpark.
Getting ready to start the game!
Whack!
Matthew was content with his chips, drink and squeezy balls. The ballpark is not his favorite place, but as long as food is involved, he's good to go!
After the game, we headed to Pizza 'n Paradise for lunch with Mamaw Shela...YUMMY!! We ate way too much and now we all need a nap before church tonight!! On a side note, Jacob's strep test came back negative, he has had no fever, and is feeling a little TOO good at the moment! Hopefully all will be well for us to head to church tonight. We missed last night and two got saved and Jason conducted prayer service and made a wonderful talk (as I have received a report from separate individuals!) It figures I would miss it...when the devil stays home, good things usually happen!! ;)
5 comments:
Looks like a fun day!
I am thrilled to have shared the first game of Colby's "career" in sports with a team that was so kind and helpful to our little guys!! You need to pat your man on the back because he has such a wonderful attitude about everything. Our coaches are awesome too - I hope their positive ways spread like wildfire through the league!!!
Ya Hoo Jacob!!!!! Congrats on winning your first game, and such good hits, too. Mommaw is soooo proud!!!! (I enjoyed Matthews kisses too!!) (Now,,,,,be sure you don't tell anyone about me passing up Pizza in Paradise, ha)
Jacob looks so cute in his uniform! I'm glad he enjoyed his game and was feeling better to play!
GOOOOOOOOOO JACOB!!!!!!!!!!! Hope he has a great season!
Post a Comment