Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Dad's Recovery Update
Dad went back to the heart surgeon today and all is well! He has released him back into the care of his cardiologist and will not have to see him for anymore follow-ups! I think he was even amazed at Dad's wonderful recovery. He asked if he needed a prescription for more pain medication, and when Dad told him he had only had to take ONE pain pill since being home, he was blown away. He made some comment about him being made of steel... ;) He is now allowed to lift up to 25 pounds and can even mow the yard. (No pulling on starting cords to weed-eaters though...shucks, I know he'll hate that!) He has also been given the go-ahead to drive. I think this is what has him tickled the most. See, Mom starts back to work tomorrow, and I was going to stay with him while she was working so if an emergency came up, I could drive or just be there for in case of who knows what. Anyway, now that he can drive, he thinks I'll let him stay there by himself. I think he was a bit afraid I would stay after him to exercise! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!! Hey, he's the one who's lost around 35 pounds!! (Hooray for him!!!!) I, on the other hand, think he has transferred them all to me!!! (Note the missing weight ticker...I'm pretty sure I blew it up!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay!! That's great! As for the weight, Nathan has lost 12 pounds and I'm pretty sure the food he's cut back on, I've ate for him. He has tried to stop snacking at night and that is definitely my weakness.
I'm glad he's doing well!
So glad he is doing so well! As for the weight loss.....sigh..... I'm right there with ya! We just have to know there will be pitfalls but we have to jump back on the bandwagon. Boy, didn't that sound all motivational?! ;o)
Post a Comment