As you can surely tell, today was crazy hair day at Kyrock in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday. Jacob asked first thing this morning if his hair was sticking up, and told me not to wet it as usual. We added hairspray and gave him a whole head-full of wild hair :)
Jacob also told me he was sorry for not getting up when I called him the first twenty times...he said he couldn't hear me because his "dream people" were talking! :)
Well, it's been over a week since I've posted and I've yet to add the pictures from Matthew's birthday party....maybe one day soon! We've been staying pretty busy, as it is transplanting time in the greenhouse business. We've all been pitching in and mercy sakes alive, there's already a ton of plants in there and MANY more coming next week. The wet weather made getting the greenhouse up a bit of a struggle, but I must say it is VERY nice! There will be SO many plants to choose from...all kinds of flowers and vegetable plants. It is still too wet to start on the store building, but hopefully it will be dry soon enough and it should go up pretty fast. Everyone keep us in mind for your planting needs come spring!!! (I'll be doing more advertising when time gets closer.) Even Matthew enjoyed the greenhouse one of the nights...we put him in his stroller inside the greenhouse, and turned on a wrestling dvd in the laptop and he was so content while we planted! He even fell asleep! (It's very warm in the greenhouse with the heater on.) Jacob loves playing in the dirt, and is actually a big help.
I took Matthew to the doctor last Friday...he had so much drainage, and as feared, his left ear was infected and she said it looked very sore. No wonder he had been SO grouchy! He had been having lots of nosebleeds and had really been rubbing at his ear, as well as not sleeping very peacefully, so I knew it was time to head in. He still is not acting like he feels real well, and they mentioned when I picked him up from school that he was really grouchy today, was still rubbing at his ear, and they were afraid he might have a sore throat. He's still taking his antibiotic, so I guess we'll see how he does in the next day or two. It's so hard when he just can't tell me what hurts and I have to guess :( We both fell asleep very early tonight...usual for him, not so much for me, but it was nice. Matthew is awake right now, coughing, sneezing and I can tell he doesn't feel real well...hopefully he'll be better soon!
As for me, I have been fighting a horrible cough for about a month now. No, I'm not joking. It has took its hold on me, and don't want to let go. It started with lots of sinus drainage, but now all that's left is this cough that just keeps on coughing. I went to prayer meeting two weeks ago, and should have stayed home like I did the previous week. I coughed until I was miserable...why is it when you need to be quiet, the coughing is so much worse??? Actually, it gets worse in the evenings everyday, and I stayed home again tonight. It's just miserable to cough the entire service and be a disruption. If some hard-headed person had just went on to the doctor, she'd be well by now!

4 comments:
First of all...Happy Late Birthday to your sweet Matthew! You are such a good mother Natalie...and a great person too! Jacob's crazy hair is just too cute...he is so handsome. I know what you mean by not going to the doctor...I am so guilty of that as well. Us moms just don't have time for things like that..right? Take care of yourself!
I seen Jacob's crazy hair yesterday:o) I'll have to post some pics of my kiddos with their crazy hair too. I just now done my Valentine's post. Better late than never I guess. Hope the antibiotics help Matthew get over his "stuff." I know it's hard to have them sick and just when you think their getting better, they get it again. I hope you get to feeling better too. We've missed ya!!
Hope everyone feels better soon! I love Jacob's hair too!
Jacob's crazy hair was adorable. Kennedy had Dr. Seuss week at daycare as well. The kids love it!
Happy Late Birthday Matthew! I can't believe how much he has grown..I can remember holding him when he was a baby!!
Post a Comment