Monday, March 22, 2010

Proud as a Peacock!!

That's me...proud as can be! I have channeled my inner "martha stewart" today and I feel so accomplished! :) First, I've been wanting to make myself a new spring colored keychain. Today, I took the plunge, and did almost all of this on my own! Mom did help walk me through the embroidery part (and then I clipped the wrong thread and all the stitching fell out and I had to re-do it...hahahaha!!) But...just look at the finished product! :) And yes, I used the sewing machine ALL by myself! WHOO-HOO!!!
THEN...I really took a creative turn and did something I've been itching to do for a long time!! I MADE A DRESS!!! Sure did...I made this cute little pillowcase dress :) Mom gave me instructions, but I did ALL of it MYSELF!! (Even thought the machine kept trying to 'eat' my material, and I sewed one hem a hundred and fifty times...that's persistence!) I said all along that I wasn't making it to sell; that I might give it to a little girl if her mommy was brave enough to let her wear it without fear of the stitching coming out and the dress falling off, but Mom said there wasn't a thing wrong with it and I should try to sell it :) It's not perfect by no means...but it turned out better than I ever thought for my first garment!! And...I even used the serger for the inside edges!! And...I still have all of my fingers with no stitching in them, although I did ram a straight pin in one! Just had to share my exciting and fun day!

By the way...make sure you check out Creekside Creations!! I updated it last night and have several more new things that I will be sharing. OH...we are making and selling pillowcase dresses (like the one above, but in your choice of fabric), Mom will be making the ones we get orders for ;) and they will be $15 without a monogram or you can get them monogrammed for $18!!! Yep, the one above can be monogrammed with name or initials...it was made by a size 3 pattern....I think it's just itching for some hot pink lettering :)



6 comments:

Brooke said...

You are doing so great! Can't wait to see our easter baskets! So proud of you!

Shela Brooks Vincent said...

If you keep sewing,,,I promise you that won't be the last pin you get stuck with,,,,,,goes along with the territory!! Keep up the good work,,,always knew you could do it,,,

Heather said...

It's very cute and I am so proud of you for not having to run to the ER! I read Brooke's comment and apparently your making her some baskets. Don't even think of going to visit Cooper without me:o) LOL

Kristin said...

Looking good, I think once you get the hang of it we should have more craft time at Sunday School...!
Love ya, Nan...Heather & Jenni

robin said...

LOVE THE DRESS!!! I think you did a great job..

Jenni said...

Great job! I sent you an email with some orders.