Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekly Wednesday Update

I thought I would try yet again to post an update on my blog. I have tried to make several posts here lately, but would end up not publishing them. I just couldn't seem to get my thoughts from my head to the screen like I wanted them, much less in a way that anyone would want to read them. Shucks, I can't remember what I go from one room to the other to do here lately. Seems like it's always something, but I have really tried to be thankful for my many blessings here lately. I have always tried to look at each "life situation" with the attitude that it could be worse. For instance, there is a mom and dad mourning the loss of their beautiful two year old this morning, after she lost her battle with cancer yesterday. Two years old and had fought a fight beyond her years...and all the while being allergic to morphine and most other pain relievers. I will not even try to imagine their pain, but I will be more thankful that, as far as I know, my boys are healthy. (This is not someone I know personally; I have been following her story online.)

Along similar lines, I am thankful of God's mercies...amazing when we stop and think about it really. Just Monday, there was a bad accident in Lindseyville. From what we can tell, it happened just right after Mom and Jacob came through on that very stretch of road. AND, if I hadn't changed my mind at the last moment, Matthew and I could have been going through there right at that time, but we decided to go to Mom's house instead of meeting her at Jr. Foods to get Jacob and go on home like we normally do....So thankful.

Now, for news around home...we've been busy for sure. We've been trying to help get things in order for the new greenhouse, and I will announce that Creekside Garden and Nursery is now OPEN for business, selling onion sets, seed potatoes, and a large selection of vegetable seed. Cold weather crop plants...broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage, will be ready before we know it. All the flowers are growing well, and I can't wait until time to put some in my own containers on my porch! I think the warm and sunny days we've had have spoiled me just a tad.

I had to take Matthew back to the doctor last Thursday as he was just sounding so congested and acted like his ear was still hurting, AND ran just a teensy bit of fever...while already on an antibiotic. I was afraid it might have been the flu since it is going around again. Thankfully, it was NOT! His ear was still infected, so she changed his medicine. Even now, he is still very congested. He sounds really awful of the morning, and I've been trying to get him to cough to clear his airway a bit, but he either just looks at me like I'm an idiot, or he thinks I'm playing with him and just laughs at me! Little fella...he's gettin' too big for his britches...literally :) And when he decides he's not getting out of the car somewhere, it's all I can do to make him. School has become his arch-enemy, as he still is under the assumption he does not have to go five days a week since Christmas! Just the click of my turn signal that direction of the morning, makes him mad! What I love is when he leans over in the seat, stiffens himself out and I have to drag him out...or when he hangs onto his booster and it comes out and plunks on the blacktop as I finally get him to his feet...I'm sure we are a sight, especially since he usually gets in a pinch or two during all this, and I'm trying to get him to stop that too. BUT, he usually has a good day once he gets inside!

Jacob has been enjoying the warmer weather for sure :) Jason took him Saturday and got him signed up for baseball. No more t-ball for my big boy...he's moving on to the pitching machine...UGH! That will be a whole different ballgame for sure! A little secret...it would not have bothered me in the least for him to not have played (and Matthew would have been tickled pink) but I let him decide, and he said, "Mom, I love baseball!" Gotta love that little whippersnapper :) Oh yes, while I'm thinking of it...last Friday morning I told Jacob that the four of us...Daddy, him, Bubba and I...should go on a date that night. He looked at me with that little look of his and said with a chuckle, "You're too old for me and Bubba". He's just funny, and the funniest thing...he's so innocent about it. It's not like he sets out to make a joke or to say something funny...it's just his way. He's definitely a hoot and he is always making me smile or giggle about something. I'm very proud of him for making a very big boy decision, and letting his Patches go to another farm. I must say, he has for sure enjoyed looking for her when we pass by, and he loves it that she is usually always with one of the other little horses. He'll say, "Look, there's Patches with her little brown friend again!" Now we're on the lookout for a new little kitty :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Nan, I love reading your post they are always so good. I need to pick up my bow. Will you all be at your moms this evening.

Heather said...

I'm sure we could hook you up with a kitten soon. We have a new litter at least every 6 months. I'm pretty sure she's about ready to now.