Thursday, March 11, 2010

One Year Ago...

at this time of the morning, I had just arrived at the Medical Center to see Dad off to his open heart surgery. I am still in amazement at how well he did that day and the days to follow. Pretty much the only thing resulting from that surgery that really bothers him now is the leg in which they harvested the veins to be used in the bypass. His leg swells up pretty bad, but according to others who have been through this, that is something that will most likely always happen. In some ways it sure doesn't seem like a year ago already! I am still so thankful that all went well, and I still have my daddy with me.


4 comments:

Robin said...

I saw him yesterday and he looked great. Working hard on those plants. Love my bow.

Brooke said...

Glad he is well. It's amazing what doctors can do!

Heather said...

I am so glad that things went well. I know this time last year you were very scared as to how the outcome would be. Your parents are very good people!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

I am glad he is doing so well. It is amazing what people can overcome~